Hello all TDM3 users and fans,
I’m happy to inform you that we have made a new set of flash movies.
See the details below.
What and Why…?
As many significant changes and improvements have been made since the first Beta, we’ve made new, up-to-date movies from scratch. Again, you will be introduced the interface layout, shown how to work with shortcuts of objects, Version Manager etc., however, in the new movies:
- updated features, functions, options etc. are shown,
- they are shown in a different way (new examples, new connections),
- and new features are introduced.
See the Library section, the Flash Movies category:
Note: Other new movies will be added to this section gradually. Feel free to sort the movies.
Tips for Advanced Users of TDM3
Workspaces, modeless dialogs, shortcuts, SHIFT + Del to delete objects, moving break points… Getting bored…? - Yes, I know - nothing new for you…
However, here I’m with some movie tips for you:
- Basic Physical Modeling - Parent attributes issue (rolename).
- Advanced Physical Modeling - Triggers, permissions, users, user groups, alternate keys for unique attributes, linking method…
- Generation of Alter Scripts - Convertor and its options. Compare models and generate alter scripts.
- Logical Modeling - Create a new logical model and convert it to physical model, inheritance conversion rules.
- M:N Relationships in Logical Model - See how such relationships are converted in PER model.
- Version Manager - Up-to-date options in VM, sorting of VM items in the List dialog.
- Customization - Create a new package, work with metamodels, edit forms and frames, Scripting Window…
Advice for New Users of TDM3
Let us recommnend you to watch the movies in particular order.
Sort the movies by ‘Last Modified - Oldest First’ and see the “Getting Started” category + number next to the movie name, e.g. Interface Layout [Getting Started 1].
Other tips for you:
- Documentation Package
- Old Beta movies
- Community forum where you can post any questions.
See references below.
Help file, User Manual and Reference Guide are available at:
Docs + Movies: Have a look at the Help file to get more details about the features shown in the movies. And e.g. the Customization movie directly refers to the “Customization - Sample” chapter in the User Manual.
Feel free to check out the documentation and let us know if you miss something important or do not understand anything or find a mistake etc. Still there’s much to improve. Thanks very much for your feedback!
Old BETA Movies
For now, also the Beta movies are at your disposal at:
Well, we hope you will like the movies. Enjoy them.
Thank you in advance for your feedback and support!
Have a nice day.
Vladka + TDM Team