Toad World® Forums

new install of nav 7

one of my developers has years of history stored in nav 6.7. During the install of 7.0, nav apparently tries to copy that history - which seems to make nave look like the install has just hung. So he cancled the install thinking the install is buggy.

Most of my developers don’t realize nav keeps history.

1. Is there a way to default the amount of history nav stores to a shorter time?
  2. Is there a way to install and not pull history?

I am not sure what the correct option should be - so I am going to have to leave this up to you to figure out how to make it more user friendly.

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your post.

1. There is currently no option to specify the default amount of history to be kept. We would like to suggest that your team can turn off the save history option; or to clean up the history entries once a while.

2. Installation will not migrate the history data during the installation process. The migration should ONLY occur the first time when you run SQL Navigator v7, and you should see a prompt to ask you if you want to migrate user profile and settings at that time. However, the migration will be for all files/settings including history. Could you please confirm that your team see the hang issue at the first time startup.

We will try to improve both 1 & 2 (in a post 7.0 release) to give your team to option to specify size of history to be kept, and options of what data should be included in user profiles and settings migration from one release to another.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Message was edited by: bruceduong

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your post.

1. There is currently no option to specify the default amount of history to be kept. We would like to suggest that your team can turn off the save history option; or to clean up the history entries once a while.

2. Installation will not migrate the history data during the installation process. The migration should ONLY occur the first time when you run SQL Navigator v7, and you should see a prompt to ask you if you want to migrate user profile and settings at that time. However, the migration will be for all files/settings including history. Could you please confirm that your team see the hang issue at the first time startup.

We will try to improve both 1 & 2 (in a post 7.0 release) to give your team to option to specify size of history to be kept, and options of what data should be included in user profiles and settings migration from one release to another.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Message was edited by: bruceduong

yes - this only happens on first install / first use of nav 7