Next Toad - fix annoying autocomplete for [Subject]

It’s nice to be able to engage with Toad community right from Toad, but this I find very annoying - when I type in subject for my new post, there is this dropdown box showing be other forum threads that contain the words I’ve typed in.

This is probably to show me releveant questions/discussions, perhaps if a question like this has already been asked and answered.

Unfortunately I cannot click on anything in this dropdown, neither can I look at it long enough to see if there is somehting of interestt - it disappears in few seconds!

I cannot click on anything in this dropdown

What do you see and what do you expect? For me clicking highlights the subject I've clicked on. Double clicking opens that discussion. Similarly you can use up and down arrow keys to navigate that
dropdown and the Enter key will display the selected discussion.

neither can I look at it long enough to see if there is somehting of interestt - it disappears in few seconds

The display time could be lengthened. It stays open for the length of time a hint/tooltip would display when you mouse over controls. If you interact with it, however, the close timer is reset so if you navigate with arrow keys or mouse it remains open.
When you stop interacting with it the timer restarts and it closes after a short period of inactivity. It will also close if you click outside of it.

On 04/16/2014 01:54 PM, Bogdan is MS wrote:

Next Toad - fix annoying autocomplete for [Subject]

Thread created by Bogdan is MS
It's nice to be able to engage with Toad community right from Toad, but this I find very annoying - when I type in subject for my new post, there is this dropdown box showing be other forum threads that contain the words I've typed
in.

This is probably to show me releveant questions/discussions, perhaps if a question like this has already been asked and answered.

Unfortunately I cannot click on anything in this dropdown, neither can I look at it long enough to see if there is somehting of interestt - it disappears in few seconds!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.