Toad World® Forums

No need to report these problems?

ScreenShot111.jpeg

I get these messages several times a day.

“Program may have become unstable.
Press “No” and try to save your work OR press “Yes” to terminate program NOW”

I usually ignore them and click NO. Nothing really bad happens. It just may become too annoying. The I restart.

Martin, thanks for reporting this error. Do such errors happen to you all along with 5 betas? Can you recall any particular things you were doing before such
errors came out? For instance – were you in Code Editor? executing SQLs? formatting scripts? working with Table Editors etc?

Could you send me the error.log file from %appdata%\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 7.1.0 Beta?

Thanks,

Vincent

Yea, the problem is, I can’t give you a test scenario. I think it happens quite randomly :slight_smile:

But I’ll try to keep a log on what I’m doing just before the error appears.

As I recall I had this problem also with 7.0.1. But not 100% sure.

Still no scenario but now with the Nav 7.1.0 with this “unstable” message along also come a lot of these:

ScreenShot128.jpeg

Martin, thank you for reporting these errors. We are aware of some unstable issues and access violation errors. A comprehensive solution to trace these errors
is under implementation at the moment. I hope we can identify and solve existing errors with this solution, and most importantly –stop delivering such errors to production releases.

We will try to do it better.

Thanks,

Vincent

Maybe the new Eureka Log would help?

It seems helping so far because no new unstale problem reported on 7.2. Please keep EurekaLog option enabled so that if it happens we would get some useful information.

Thanks,

Vincent

I see these “Access violation” reports almost every day :slight_smile:

What do I do when it happens? (What files and where do I send?)

Supposed you have EurekaLog enabled for a while, there should be a sqlnavigator.el file under %appdata%\Dell\SQL Navigator 7.2.0 Beta. Please attach the file
here or email it to QDL.RD.SiebelQueue.SQLNav@quest.com (not an individual mail box but the members are just a few employees active in this forum).

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:04 PM

To: sqlnavbeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum] No need to report these problems?

RE: No need to report these problems?

Reply by Martin

I see these “Access violation” reports almost every day :slight_smile:

What do I do when it happens? (What files and where do I send?)

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - Beta
notifications altogether.

SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Ok, I’ll report next time it happens…

How can you attach files here?

Hi Martin,

when you post your message, use rich text form and switch to options page.

Well :slight_smile:

Only known URLs and the following file extensions are allowed: 123, aac, ai, aiff, art, asf, asx, avi, bmp, csd, db, db, dmg, doc, docx, drw, eml, flac, flv, gif, gz, ics, jpeg, jpg, log, m4a, m4p, m4v, mdb, mdbx, mid, midi, mmv, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, mpeg, mpp, msg, ogg, ogv, pdf, png, pps, ppt, pptx, ps, psd, qt, ram, rar, rm, rtf, sit, sitx, sql, swf, tas, tif, tiff, txt, vcf, vcs, wav, webm, wma, wmv, wpd, wps, xls, xlsx, xml, zip. Please select a valid file or enter a valid URL.

I changed the extension to .xml.

I just realized that the file contains pieces of my code.

I’ll better send it to the e-mail mentioned.