Some differences compared to 5.5 where 6.0 seems to have lost some functionality
- In a package body the Code explorer doesn’t highlight any more in which procedure the cursor is in.
- Ctrl + Enter inside package body doesn’t jump to local procedures any more.
- editing table data has changed. It seems that when i edit the data in cells, the only way to actually carry out these changes is to commit. If i accidentally run another query in the editors, my changes are lost. And if i don’t want to commit right away, i have to make my changes in different editors and commit all of them together. But when i need data from one row (generated by trigger(sequence)) to insert to another table, i’m stuck. I can’t use the marvellous “duplicate seleted rows”, i’m back to writing insert-select scripts. Maybe a new button (apply changes, but don’t commit) would not make things too complicated?
- Column formatting is not remembered - when executing new query, it always jumps to “N&D” (Format columns by names and data), although “D” (Format columns by data width) or “Def” (Default solumn formatting) was the last thing clicked.
- Default column formatting is something different than in Navigator 5.x. It used to be the best fit, now it’s consuming very much space (columns are unnecessarily too wide). Also “N” option is gone (format by name), but i miss the default formatting one.
- The new code editor doesn’t run selection (it’s very useful when debugging “select columns from (select columns from (select columns from …) where conditions1) where conditions2” -like sql statements)
- In the result set, there is no row number any more