Toad World® Forums

Number formatting in auto grid spacing (Charts in Data Report Designer)

Working on a report where I’m taking the aggregate volume (jobs done) of an item as my left primary y-axis and the aggregate volume of hours associated (time spent on jobs) as my secondary y-axis on the right. The values driving my primary y-axis (jobs done) are integer data types since they’re just basic whole numbers. The values driving my secondary y-axis (time spent) contain two decimal places (Numeric datatype). Whenever I enable the Auto Grid Spacing to take place, it converts my primary y-axis’ grid spacing to now contain decimal numbers. I need those primary y-axis numbers to remain in their original data type format of int. Are there any rounding capabilities within the spacing of those axis number ranges?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-Chris

To Chris Unger:

Thank you for posting in Toad World!

I understand that you wanted to keep the y-axis to stay in integer form while having AutoGrid set to True. There currently does not exist functionality to retain integer values for the y-axis with AutoGrid.

I’ve observed that the y-axis displays decimal values if the largest value on the graph is less than 14. If the axis for “jobs done” has a column greater than 14, then AutoGrid can remain True.

Otherwise, the axis can have AutoGrid set to false to retain integer values by manipulating the axis properties.

How to set Y-Axis with integers (recommended for columns with small values)

1. Click on the small arrow at the top-right corner on the existing graph -> Run Designer
    Run Designer.png
  2. Select the Series that you wish to preserve as an Integer. Then select the **Properties Tab. **Ensure that ArgumentScaleType is Numerical.
    ArgumentScaleType.png
  3. On the left-hand side, select the Axis that you wish to keep as integers. Select the Properties Tab on the right-hand side.
  4. Expand under Behavior the “NumericScaleOptions” property. Ensure the following:
    AutoGrid: False
    CustomGridAlignment=1
    GridSpacing=1
    NumericScaleOptions.png
    Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Software Developer I,

• Joshua Liong