Toad World® Forums

Numeric value out of range (create TPC-E objects on DB2 on Linux)

When I try to create a data set for TPC-E with a scaling factor of 10. I have not seen this error when building the same size TPC-E data set on Oracle or SQL Server. I had been receiving errors when I used multiple virtual users to build this on DB2, and I turned off the “Distribute load using Benchmark Factory Agents”. The message from the log is:

Error loading E_ACCOUNT_PERMSISSION
Transaction "Load E_ACCOUNT_PERMISSION Table " run failed by virtual user 1
ODBC Error (22003,FFFE7961) - [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0111E Numeric value out of range. SQLSTATE=22003

When load finishes, the process stops and there are no indexes created for this.

How can I getr around this?

Thanks

James

I have also tried to create the test set using IBM CLI driver directly and by passing ODBC.

Error loading E_ACCOUNT_PERMSISSION

CLI Error (22003,FFFE7961) - [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0111E Numeric value out of range. SQLSTATE=22003

Again, the load process terminates and the indexes are not created.

Is there a way to manually completed the load process?

TIA

James

The BMF dev manager is on vacation this week - so you are not going to get replies until next week. That said - what version of BMF are you using? There were significant improvements made in the TPC-E (newest benchmark) the past couple releases - including fixes for numeric value errors where the actual value tried to insert was bigger than what the table create had built.

This is BMF version 6.9.3 (Build 723). I thought this is the latest version.

OK - that’s the right/current version. My guess is that you’re going to have to wait until kevin the dev manager gets back next week - because you probably have found a bug. The problem is the TPC-E spec says make the numeric value X size - and that is not consistent across the various DB platforms - so sometimes we have to increase the numeric size a wee bit bigger. I cannot think of a work around off hand - so think you’re stuck until next week. Sorry.

Thanks Bert.

James Lorenzen

Associate Principal Enterprise Application Architect

Solutions Engineering – WW Technical Sales

QLogic Corporation

Office: 952.687.2337 / Mobile: 651.302.8573

james.lorenzen@qlogic.com

From: Bert Scalzo [mailto:bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 12:59 PM

To: bmf@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Benchmark Factoryfor Databases - Discussion Forum] Numeric value out of range (create TPC-E objects on DB2 on Linux)

RE: Numeric value out of range (create TPC-E objects on DB2 on Linux)

Reply by Bert Scalzo

OK - that’s the right/current version. My guess is that you’re going to have to wait until kevin the dev manager gets back next week - because you probably have found a bug. The problem is
the TPC-E spec says make the numeric value X size - and that is not consistent across the various DB platforms - so sometimes we have to increase the numeric size a wee bit bigger. I cannot think of a work around off hand - so think you’re stuck until next
week. Sorry.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Benchmark Factory - General
notifications altogether.

Benchmark Factoryfor Databases - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This message and any attached documents contain information from QLogic Corporation or its wholly-owned subsidiaries that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.

In looking further, the column in the E_ACCOUNT_PERMISSION table, AP_CA_ID is defined as decimal(5,0). The TPC-E spec states it should be defined as number(11). This seems to be a bug. I am wondering how many other columns are incorrectly defined for DB2.

How do I open a ticket with Dell on this?

Call tech support and open a case. I’ll ping the dev manager - but you really need an official support case so that proper follow through once corrected can be done …