Toad World® Forums

ObjectDisposedException in scheduled automation

Hi,

I recently started receiving an ObjectDisposedException in DataPoint 3.4 when executing scheduled automations. The message shows as below. The automations create Excel files as output which the error doesn’t seem to affect Is anyone else experiencing this issue. I am using Windows 7 Pro X64. I have been using DataPoint 3.4 since shortly after it’s release but had not encountered this until a few days ago. I have not tried reinstalling DataPoint, yet.

Thanks,

Paul

==============================================================

Toad encountered a serious error and must be closed. Please urgently save your data and close the application. Apologies for inconvenience.

ObjectDisposedException
Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: ‘MainForm’.

Stack Trace:
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.FocusActiveControlInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Quest.Toad.StartupForm.MainAppicationEntryPoint(String[] args)
at Quest.Toad.ToadProcessEntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

This seems like quite an odd error. I assume you only get this when automation runs? First confirm that the tasks are running the correct version of TDP. To do this look at the task manager path. Is this pointing to the installed version you use, as opposed to a prior version such as TDP 3.3?

After that I would rename your App data dir and import your connections. There maybe some startup windows that are causing this. IE: Auto recovery or desktop layout windows. To do this, go to the About box and use the link to App Data dir. Close down TDP and then rename the directory. Restart TDP and then using the connection manager, import your old connections by pointing to connections.xml file.

Thank for the suggestions, Debbie. I’ve checked a few of the automations and the paths point to the 3.4 directory and script headers all have version 3.4. I’ve made a point of checking these when upgrading as earlier version didn’t seem to fair as well when migrating.

I’ll follow your other suggestions as well. I have experienced issues previously with the Windows scheduler and so my first thought was to blame that. I may first ry rebuilding a few and see what happens if your other suggestions don’t help.

In one of the events today the file was created successfully but the Job Manager did not show it as completed and there was no log file. I initiated the job manually in job manager and it ran without issue and created a log file. Go figure.

Regards,

Paul

RE: “In one of the events today the file was created successfully but the Job Manager did not show it as completed and there was no log file”. I see this every once in awhile when jobs are scheduled too closely together. We support running more than one script at the same time but it is the windows compiler that has issues. Try changing the spaces between jobs.