I’ve got 10.0.1.6998 installed on 64 bit SQL 2005 SP4 and I’m keeping 56 days history. On the 17th January I upgraded my main db server with an additional 16GB of memory (now 48GB) as I was seeing alerts on pagelife expectancy and IO was peaking when large reports were running. Although the memory was allocated from a retired SQL cluster I’m being asked by the VP of IT to provide stats to prove the upgrade was worth the 15 minutes it took to do the upgrade and expand the page file.
I ran off the SQL memory and IO reports this afternoon and there is only one week of stats recorded for PLE and IO.
Does anybody know if this is by design or is there a bug in this version.