Toad World® Forums

Only one week's Pagelife Expectancy being reported

Hello

I’ve got 10.0.1.6998 installed on 64 bit SQL 2005 SP4 and I’m keeping 56 days history. On the 17th January I upgraded my main db server with an additional 16GB of memory (now 48GB) as I was seeing alerts on pagelife expectancy and IO was peaking when large reports were running. Although the memory was allocated from a retired SQL cluster I’m being asked by the VP of IT to provide stats to prove the upgrade was worth the 15 minutes it took to do the upgrade and expand the page file.

I ran off the SQL memory and IO reports this afternoon and there is only one week of stats recorded for PLE and IO.

Does anybody know if this is by design or is there a bug in this version.

Thank you

Keith

Check Buffer Manager collection under Configure/Scheduling – it defaults to “Keep for” 7 days. An upgrade may have caused it to revert to the default vs. 56 days.

Thanks Paul

Excellent response.

I had completely forgotten the schedule specifies different retention periods by event.

Keith Laurence

Infrastructure Services – Senior Database Administrator

International IT

hermanmiller.co.uk

+44(0) 772 543 3047 MOBILE

+44(0) 1249 707413 OFFICE

HermanMiller

From: paul.stewart [mailto:bounce-paulstewart@toadworld.com]

Sent: 02 February 2015 23:15

To: sosse@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Spotlight on SQL Server - Discussion Forum] Only one week’s Pagelife Expectancy being reported

RE: Only one week’s Pagelife Expectancy being reported

Reply by paul.stewart

Check Buffer Manager collection under Configure/Scheduling – it defaults to “Keep for” 7 days. An upgrade may have caused it to revert to the default vs. 56 days.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Spotlight on SQL Server - Forum
notifications altogether.

Spotlight on SQL Server - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.