Toad World® Forums

Output of compilation of invalid/valid code

Hello,

If I compile/save a package/function/procedure in the code editor, and it proves to contain mistakes, I get an error in the output window.
If I edit the bug out, and compile/save (CTRL-S) again, the code compiles correctly (“Status: Valid” appears at the bottom of the code editor), but nothing appears in the output window.
Only if I recompile the fixed code I get the familiar “Start Compiling 1 object(s)…End Compiling 1 object(s)” messages in the output window…

To be honest, I’m not sure why that is.
I also tried with 5.5 and it behaves the same way. Does it cause you much trouble?

Gwen

Not that much, no. Just noticed it…

BTW: I also noticed that when switching between code editors, the output window does not switch - only when executing something in the switched-to code editor window does the output window switch.

Message was edited by: Radar Automation

BTW2: Noticed the term “Transaction commited” in the output window. Methinks that should be “Transaction committed”.

Message was edited by: Radar Automation

Hi Dominique,

Previous versions behave the same way so we won’t change anything unless it causes issues to the users. The spelling mistake will be corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

Gwen