Toad World® Forums

Package will not execute

If you compile a package from a source other than navigator then execute that package with a

declare

begin

end;

/

You get this error:

ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04061: existing state of package “LCAPROGRAMMER.LCA_TLC_UTILITY2” has been invalidated
ORA-04065: not executed, altered or dropped package “XXXXXXXXXXX.LCA_TLC_UTILITY2”
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: “XXXXXXXXXXX.LCA_TLC_UTILITY2”
ORA-06512: at line 5

declare

hld_out varchar2(1000);

begin

dale.a1(hld_out);

dbms_output.put_line('RET: ’ || hld_out);

/

Now if you refresh and get everything current it will not execute any longer all you get is PL/SQL block executed, but nothing is really working. In fact if you do another generic block in the same session for a totally different package it will not run eiter. Attached is a simple package, build it in sqlplus run it in navigator, re build it in sqlplus and try running it in navigator.

Sorry if this has already been reported.

********end;
image001.gif (21.2 KB)

It works fine for me Dale. No error at all. Which version of Oracle DB and client is it? Did you have the ‘server output’ ON? Was the debugger ON?

Another error with ехесute of procedures / functions from the package - if one of the parameters IN OUT CURSOR REF. Can`t return result - error occurs

Hi MakJ, this issue has been fixed in our internal build. It will be included in the next beta release.

Cheers
Gwen

I can not recreate this today. I shut navigator down and brought it back up the last time and it still did it, but this morning it is working correctly. Sorry…