Toad World® Forums

Paths

Hi All,

1. TDM does not reload paths settings after user make changes in Settings->Options->Application->Paths. New settings are available only after application restart.

2. Question: You can set “File with Generated Script” field in Settings->Options…->Application to any value. Should it affect the value of “Location Of SQL File” field in Model->Generate SQL Script?

Regards,
M.

Hi Marcin,

Here I’m with some information on this topic.

1. TDM does not reload paths settings after user make changes in Settings->Options->Application->Paths. New settings are available only after application restart.
  • Paths where the change will be applied after you restart the application:
  • packages,
  • metamodels,
  • models (however, we will consider to change it).
  • Paths where the change is applied immediately (after confirmation):
  • generated script,
  • HTML and RTF reports,
  • styles.
  1. Question: You can set “File with Generated Script” field in Settings->Options…->Application to any value. Should it affect the value of “Location Of SQL File” field in Model->Generate SQL Script?

The script path defined in the Settings menu | Options is a DEFAULT path and it is applied in the SQL Script Generation dialog | Location of SQL file text box automatically for every NEW model. (It affects script path for every new model.)

If you like to change it, you can. The new path you will define in the Options dialog will be saved as default for every NEW model then. (It will not affect the paths of already existing models. See also info below.)

Moreover, for each model, you can define its own path for SQL sript generation - in the SQL Script Generation dialog | Location of SQL file | click Save Settings.
Whenever you open the particular model, the path you defined for this model will be set automatically.

If you find anything unclear, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

If you find anything unclear, please write me back. Thanks.

It’s clear Vladka. The way you defined two SQL script paths (default for new models and bound for the specific model) is very useful. I haven’t noticed this before. Thanks.

Regards,
Marcin.