Toad World® Forums

Possible bug with SQL Monitor

Just installed the new beta and noticed that (at least on my machine) the SQL Monitor program seems to be giving me trouble.

When I try to run it, I get a message that “This version of Quest SQL Monitor has expired” and proceeds to give me a URL where I can supposedly (I say supposedly, because the link http://www.toadsoft.com/downld.htm is broken) download a newer one.

When I click on OK to acknolwedge I just get a bunch of memory faults.

Anyone else encountering this?

Hi there kridan. SQL Monitor requires a SQL Nav key to be located in the installation directory. Please copy the QSAuthorize12.key from your Quest Software folder in your user profile, typically “C:\Documents and Settings- YourUserName -\Application Data\Quest Software” to the SQL Nav Beta installation directory under Program Files. In the case where you have installed SQL Nav 5.5 Beta side-by-side with Nav 5.1, you’ll need to copy QSAuthorize12.key into it’s install directory, if one does not already exist. Please note that SQL Monitor requires a commercial key. It will not function with a trial key only. (BTW, this information is included in the release notes :slight_smile: )

The SQL Monitor version Daniel version posted earlier has some known issues though none are severe. Please let me know if you have already overwritten the over current SQL Monitor with the later version from Daniel and I’ll send you the version we shipped with this Beta.

FYI, enhancements to SQL Monitor are in progress and an updated version will be released in a future Beta.

Thanks for posting! Cheers,

Tim

Hi I am also getting the error that was mentioned.
I tried to download sql monitor from the www.toadsoft.downld.html (an L was missing) and reinstalled it but it still gives me the same error? I thought sql. monitor was freeware?

Hi there jelost,

If you follow TeeGee’s directions in the previous post, it will solve your problem.
It is a known issue.

“Please copy the QSAuthorize12.key from your Quest Software folder in your user profile, typically “C:\Documents and Settings- YourUserName -\Application Data\Quest Software” to the SQL Nav Beta installation directory under Program Files. In the case where you have installed SQL Nav 5.5 Beta side-by-side with Nav 5.1, you’ll need to copy QSAuthorize12.key into it’s install directory, if one does not already exist. Please note that SQL Monitor requires a commercial key”

• Jaime -