Toad World® Forums

Problem in Debug setup wizard

Last beta version of TOAD SS 6.0.

I use Windows 8 prof at 64 bits and SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition with service pack 1.

I run your Debug setup wizard and obtain the error.

See my screenshots in attach for details.

In attach full log copied from clipborad.

I stay tune for your answer.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

dbg_error1.jpeg

dbg_error2.jpeg

dbg_log_error.txt (1.39 KB)

Hi Sergio,
I will double check with W8, but did you perform required actions on your client/server to set up debugger?

Hi Alexander,

many thank’s for your help.

From your help manual :

Configure Debugging for SQL Server 2012

To debug locally, perform the following on the Toad client

1. Install the SQL Server 2012 Client Tools on the Toad client.
  2. If autocommit is disabled, commit or rollback the connection in Toad before starting the debugging session.

To debug remotely, perform the following

1. Install the SQL Server 2012 Client Tools on the Toad client.
  2. Set the following permission. Your server login must also be a member of the sysadmin role. This login can be your Windows user account (Windows authentication), or a SQL Server login (SQL Server authentication).

To create a server login from your Windows account and add it to the sysadmin role, a user who already has sysadmin privileges must execute the following:

sp_addsrvrolemember ‘Domain\Name’, ‘sysadmin’

where Domain\Name is your Windows login.

1. If autocommit is disabled, commit or rollback the connection in Toad before starting the debugging session.

I use debugger locally and I have installed on my system SQL Client Tools and autocommit is green - ON - .

Are there any others actions to do for use debugger ?

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

Today I try to debug a stored procedure in SSMS 2012 and all works OK.

Only in TOAD SS 6.0 beta I obtain the error message that i attach to my previous message.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

Hi Sergio,
Our help instruction contains all requirement steps, as I’m aware of :slight_smile:
You attached Setup Wizard log, but didn’t attach what kind of error did you get.
This might be a limitaion on W8 or just a trick to set it up to correct work. I’ll double check on my side, but I’m waiting Error details you are getting on yours.

Alex

Hi Alexander,

I check your setup debug wizarda because I can’t debug for example my stored procedures.

I can set breakpoints, but if I select a stored proc and press right button to select - debug - voice I can’t debug it.
TOAD execute all codes in stored procedure without stopping at breakpoint.
I never obtain error message from TOAD.
This is my problem.

If I execute and debug the same simple procedure in SSMS 2012 all is OK.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

Sergio,
from my investigation this strange issue appears on some machines only. For instance, I have two very similar W7 SP1 but they have different behavior - like it should be on one machine and like you described on another one.

Still investigating what it can be.

BTW, did you finally upgrade to W8? I fo remember you had Vista last year.

Alexander,

you remember correctly.
I have an old notebook with Windows Vista Business with service pack 2 in italian language and SQL Server 2005 Advanced Express Edition with service pack 4 in italian.

Now from the end of March 2013 I have a new notebook with Windows 8 profesisonal at 64 bits in italian and SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition with service pack 1 in italian.

Still investigating what it can be.
This is not a good news for me !!!

If you want I can do some test for you to try to solve the problem.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

Same issue here when debugging remote SP’s debugger runs entire script ignoring any breakpoints. I cannot step thru and see watch points… Man I hope it something that can be fixed… Toad 5.8.1.916 on windows 7 running against Win Server 2008 Sql Server 2012.

If someone has fix please post… It will be much appreciated…

Hi richard.winn_906,

have you tried to debug with SSMS of Microsoft ?
I have problem with TOAD SS 6.0 beta and official release of TOAD 5.8.1 R2, but with SSMS all is OK.

Like you can see I open this case/post on forums at 12 April 2013 but for now I don’t know if the problem will be solved or not.

I consider this problem a big problem for me and I open to know something about this.

Probably from some days there is another BETA of TOAD 6.0 and I want to test it with my problem.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

Guys,
thank you for your posts. You know - there were no changes in debugger since last release and even from 5.6. So the main question here is why it reproduces on some machines. We are trying to determine the details.

Richard,
can you please do me a favor and take a look any previous release, let’s say 5.7? I need to know if it is something new on 5.8 or old one issue but on the specific environment.
thanks in advance.

Hi Alexander,

have you some news about this annoiyng problem ?

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

Hi Sergio,

We didn’t forget about this issue. It is on our plate with high priority. But no good news so far. Actually we confronted with some issues on SS side and we are waiting feedback from them.

Hi Alexander,

many thank’s for your support and help to try to solve this problem.

If you have some news sabout this please inform me.

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

Hi Alexander,support,

there are some news about this problem ?

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti

Hello s.bertolotti,

We have a solution for the debugger issues described in this thread. You should see the fixes in the next beta version.

Thanks.

Hello Michael,

very good news for me. Many thank’s for this.

When the new beta od TOAD SS will be available ?

Best regards.

Sergio Bertolotti