Toad World® Forums

Problem on Loading Existing Alias.

Hi

I am experiencing a problem on loading an existing alias for Reverse-Engineering database. I guess it either on the wrong path or something. Another thing I would like to know if where I could delete the alias. I think it would be better to have an extra button to delete the alias,just in case if we do not use the alias any more. Please see the attachment (Screenshot 1) for more information.

Please let me know if you want me toexplain more.

Many thanks

Chi
monitor.jpeg

Hello Chi,

We’d like to ask you for the following information:

1. Please send us a list of databases of which support you installed for TDM3.
    (Note: This message can occur if you try to load an alias of database that has not been selected to be supported during the TDM3 installation.)

2. Please send us the problematic alias to modeling@quest.com.
    The aliases for Beta are stored by default at:
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler Beta\Aliases

3. Please let us know if this alias was originally in old format .tta (and was transferred to the new format .txa) OR if it was created in the new .txa format.
    (Note on this: In any previous version, aliases had a new format .txa. You should have been asked if you liked to change the format from .tta to .txa when you opened the RE Wizard.)

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Thanks, Chi, got it and forwarded for verification.

Concerning deleting aliases, you can do it in the RE WIzard, in step Save Alias - please select an alias and press the Delete button.

Regards,

Vladka

hi Vladka

Thanks for the information. I guess it would be better to provide the Delete button on the stored Aliases step as well. Otherwise whenever you want to delete an Alias, you need to load an Aliases first then click on “Previous” button in order to go to the Save Alias step to remove the Alias.

Thanks

Chi

it would be better to provide the Delete button on the stored Aliases step as well.

Yes, you’re right. We will deal with this issue. CR # 46 001.

Thanks!

Regards,

Vladka

Hello,

Just a quick update on the problem of loading an existing alias.

Chi, thanks for sending it to us. We have found out it is an alias created in very old TDM3 version. Format of the alias appeared in some of the old Betas and is not supported now. Therefore the error message occurred.
Please create a new alias with the same connection settings, the problem shouldnt occur then.

Thanks very much for your co-operation.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team