Toad World® Forums

Problem with query positioning

Sorry I haven’t had time to chime in here. I have a deadline next week, BUT, ran into the following with the current build

If you have a lot of sql in your window and you execute a sql script at the bottom of the script, the window will position at the top when you’re done executing. You guys had this problem before but fixed it.

It’s baaaaack.

Hi Joe,

Can you please check the option <Preference | Code Editor | SQL Scripts | Focus query for corresponding data result> see if it’s ticked?

I can reproduce what you said with that option off. I would suggest you turn it on see if it works for you then, thanks.

Thank you,

Shirly

If it is checked, it focuses back to the top. If I uncheck it works as desired. This seems backwards?

Sounds weird, it shouldn’t work that way. What is your settings for the 2 options below pls? I am wondering if they affect the behavior.

Preference | Code Editor | SQL Scripts | Cursor focus stays in the scripts

Preference | Code Editor | SQL Scripts | Highlight query for corresponding data result

I don’t have this problem in beta 2933, neither in our latest build. If you don’t mind could you please send your preference file to me to have a further check? My email address is: shirly.nie@quest.com. Thanks.

Both are checked right now and it bounces back to the top. Remember this only happens when there are more sql statements in the editor than will fit on the screen.

You had this same problem a couple of years ago.

Hi Joe,

We reproduced this issue finally and made some changes for it in our latest beta build 2962, It works fine for our QA now no matter with the focus option ON or OFF, the scroll bar will not jump anymore. could you please have a check and see if you still meet the problem?

You can download the new beta build from:

www.toadworld.com/…/19982.aspx

Any issue please feel free to contact us, thanks.

Shirly

It’s still not working correctly. The window still jumps up. I don’t understand why the window is moving at all. In addition, as pointed out by someone else, F8 won’t move you through each sql command in the window. You have to position on your own.

Sorry, but it doesn’t look fixed to me.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your checking.

• Position problem:
    The window jumps up, do you mean that the corresponding query is always shown at the head of data grid? For example, you select a query in the middle of code editor, then run it, after executing, the query is at the bottom of code editor, is that the issue you reported? If it’s, I agree that it’s not very good, we can plan to make it better after 7.0; if it’s not, could you please give more details? such as steps or screen shot? thanks.

• F8 issue:
    Before you do F8, did you select the query? F8 shouldn’t work if you keep sql selected. Try to just put cursor in the sql, and do F8 and F8 again it should work for you. If I understand wrong please correct me. [:)]

Thanks,
Shirly

Position problem - it puts line 1 at the top of the screen no matter where the sql you executed was in the file.

f8, pressing f8 over and over again, just executes the same sql. It used to move one by one through your sql file.

Hi Joe,

Sounds that the initial position issue still there for you, but we did fix it in build 2962, we couldn’t reproduce it anymore now.

So could you please confirm the build you are using is 2692 for sure? Please make sure you download it via this link: http://toadsoft.com/sqlnavigator/beta/2962/sqlnav_7.0.0.2962-KX_beta.zip (114mb) rather than download from the DOWNLOAD button because it’s not updated yet.

Same with the F8 issue, we can see it works correctly.

Please check the build first, and let us know if we still need to do more change.

Thanks,

Shirly

The “about” box says 2962, I can try uninstalling and reinstalling again. I’ll be off next week, but I can try that when i get back if you want.

This is SUPER annoying. What is the status?

Hi Joe,

We are planing to upload a new beta soon, will let you know once we done.

Thanks,

Shirly

Hi Joe,

Can you please check the position and F8 issue again in latest build? Download from this post: www.toadworld.com/…/20167.aspx

I think it works fine now for Charlie already, let us know how you go. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Shirly

Still a problem. Doesn’t seem to move as high up, but still moves the sql out of view and you still cannot “f8 through” the list of statements. :frowning:

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your check. Currently we suspect there is something wrong related to the profile. So could you please backup your profile and send it to us to have further check? Thanks.

Main Menu | Tools | Profile Manager | backup

You can send it to: shirly.nie@quest.com, or upload here is ok too.

Thanks,

Shirly

Hi Joe,

We have figured it out, the F8 issue was caused by the option “Preference | Code Editor | SQL Scripts | Spool Output” is OFF.

If we have it ON, then F8 works correctly. I have raised PT#55789478 for it and Roman is working on it, we will fix it in v7.0.

Thanks,

Shirly

If I turn spool output on, f8 still doesn’t work for me and it still repositions the screen so I can’t see the query that just ran.

I’ll email the profile to you

Oh wait, when I restarted Nav, it does position and F8 properly.

Thanks Joe for your checking and your profile. To make preference option be applied, you only need to new a code editor tab, don’t have to restart Nav. Anyway we will fix this for you.