Problem with the "Autocommit" feature

First of all congratulations for this new product “Toad for Sybase” that our team of DBAs welcomes with enthusiasm as we are happy with “Toad for Oracle”!

I am having a problem with the Autocommit feature in the freeware version of Toad for Sybase v1.0 (installed on Windows XP) connected to a Sybase 12.5.3:

Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 13325 ESD#7/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ase1253/1951/64-bit/FBO/Fri Mar 24 11:00:22 2006

1- I create a new table test (the new table does not appear in the list of tables so I click on “refresh” and it is ok) by running: create table test (foo char(5))
1- I disable the Autocommit by clicking on the button “Autocommit” at the bottom left
2- Click on refresh button (just in case)
3- I run “insert test (foo) values (‘test1’)”. I can see the new row with a SELECT.
4- I click on “rollback transaction” and see “Connection Rolled back”.
but I still see the inserted rows. I double check a SELECT within a sqsh on the Sybase server but the row is still there.
Do you have any idea?

Thanks,
Vince

Hello VinceR,

Thanks for the words of encouragement! We are looking forward to making this the best tool for Sybase users.

The issue you describe does appear to be a bug and I created CR 88,771 for it.

Thanks again.

Thanks Michael for your feedback!
We will wait for the bug fix in the next release. Meanwhile we keep testing it.
Vince

Hi MichaelG,

Has this bug been fixed in the last beta version?

Thanks,
Vincent

Hello VinceR,

No not yet but it is on my list of things to complete before the release.

Thanks.

Hello Michael G,

Congrats for the new version 1.1!
I think the bug about “Autocommit” is still there but don’t you think it would be very hard to resolve knowing the design of Sybase?

Thanks,
Vincent

Hello Vincent,

When testing this issue in 1.1 it does appear to be fixed. Are the steps the same?

Thanks.