Problems defining Shortcuts

There are some points that should/could be improved when configuring Shortcuts (Options -> Toolbars/Menus):

• Handling of modifier keys
    When I just press a modifier key and release it again, the Shortcut is changed (e.g. "Ctrl+STRG", "Shift+UMSCHALT", 'Alt+ALT"). This might have to do with the fact that my system language is German.

• Tab cannot be used
    I managed to overwrite Editor/Tab and could not change it back to Tab even with "Use navigation keys as shortcuts". "Reset current" works though, so it is not a problem unless someone would like to assign it to some other action...

• "Conflict" not updated with "Use navigation keys as shortcuts"
    When the checkbox is selected, the conflict marker does not change when a conflict occurs/is resolved.

• "Reset current" does not reset "Conflict"
    If there is a Conflict, the marker does not go away if the conflict is resolved by "Reset current".

• List does not resize with Options window
    This is a problem with several options, but it already works with some (Search Rules, Roles and Editions, ...)

Another one:

• "Reset all" is reverted when Options dialog closed with [Cancel]
    Can you confirm this???

Handling of modifier keys
Not sure I can do anything about this. You can always undo it with the Delete key.

Tab cannot be used
Can't do anything about this one either.

"Conflict" not updated with "Use navigation keys as shortcuts"
Fixed for next beta.

"Reset current" does not reset "Conflict"
Fixed for next beta.

List does not resize with Options window
Fixed for next beta.

"Reset all" is reverted when Options dialog closed with [Cancel]
"Reset all" is immediate, no chance to undo it by cancel. That's why we give the "are you sure" message.

Thank you, John!

List does not resize with Options window
Any plans to go through all the options? Some of them would really benefit from some extra real estate when increasing the dialog size.

"Reset all" is reverted when Options dialog closed with [Cancel]
I don't think that the warning gives a clue about this counterintuitive behavior, but I have never used this feature before so I don't feel strongly about it.

All of the resizing in options windows is done for next beta.
Also you will be able to cancel to undo "reset all shortcuts"

1 Like