Toad World® Forums

Problems with changing templates

Hi guys,

You get some pretty severe problems if you try naming a template “select * from”. Nav locks up and you have to use task manager to kill. You get an error in the output window "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Also, any reason we can’t use Ctrl-(character) instead of having to use shift-Ctrl?

Also, I have blank spaces at the end of my statement for a reason, but it doesn’t carry them over to the snippet it inserts into the editor.

Jet

Hi Jet,

the first issue is valid and will be fixed.

About the shortcuts, we have a large amount of shortcuts with different combination of keys. Some of them already use Ctrl+character (ctrl+d, Ctrl+x…etc) Hence we have to take a long way and use shift+ctrl

The third problem will be put down as enhancement request because of time constraint.

Thanks

Gwen

OK, thanks.

What about using ctrl-enter to implement short cuts?

For example in J Developer if you type sop and then ctrl-enter it will put “system.out.println()” into the code.

Works well and I think Toad does something similar.

Jet

Hi Jet,
Unfortunately, the only way to add code template shortcuts is to go through the Code Templates window. At the moment, we don’t have any plan to add in new features for Nav 6.0. But we may consider it in future versions.
Thanks
Gwen