Toad World® Forums

Profile Creation Error

I’m trying to create a Profile using the Profile Creation Wizard but when the connection is been verified there is an error message: Failed to load driver dll - cssoracle8.dll.
Can you tell me what I’m missing?

Thank you

For Oracle testing BMF requires that the Oracle client libraries be installed, in particular the oci.dll file, which is installed by the client installation.

Kevin

Did u find any solution for this problem ?? I am getting the same error. I have specified the path of dll files in PATH variable.

I received the same error. I have done this, and still receive the error. What’s wrong, please? :

1. Installed BMF latest version, 6.1.something
  2. Installed 64-bit Oracle Database 11gR2 on 64-bit Windows Server 2008
  3. Downloaded 32-bit Oracle Client for 11gR2
  4. Installed Oracle Client to the same oracle home
  5. Verified that %ORACLE_HOME%\bin directory is in the path
  6. Verified oci.dll is in the %ORACLE_HOME%\bin directory.
  7. Restarted BMF
  8. Attempted to create a profile with Profile Creation Wizard (again)
  9. Received the same “Failed to load driver dll - CSSOracle8.dll” error.
  10. Wondered if the oci.dll is the 64-bit version installed with 64-bit Oracle, not overwritten by the 32-bit client install, and BMF can’t use that one.
  11. Attempted to install the 32-bit Oracle Client to a different location and have oci.dll loaded from there, but the reinstall does not work, no error from OracleUniversalInstaller. (Did the first install work? Did I wreck my 64-bit installation by trying to install the 32-bit Client to the same Oracle home?)

I have to get BMF working pronto to get a Quest product release out the door. Can someone assist, please? Thanks.

BMF requires the 32-bit Oracle driver (oci.dll), so it may be that when you installed the 32-bit client at the same Oracle HOME as the 64-bit, that some of the dlls may not have been correctly installed. If you go to the directory with the OCI.dll, can you tell me what version it is?

Also make sure that, if you do install the 32-bit client into a different location than the 64-bit, that the 32-bit client path is set first in the PATH environment variable.