Toad World® Forums

Progress bars freeze for SQL "INSERT" statement when query is selected

When my SQL query begins with INSERT INTO and I select (highlight) the entire text of the query before pressing F9, the progress bar freezes at the bottom of the screen and in the “Background Processes” window, and the editor tab says “50%”, until the query eventually finishes. It looks like the query is stuck, and it is misleading for the tab to say 50% when it is nowhere near half done.

(This issue also happened in 3.6 and 3.7. I previously reported the stuck progress bar in another forum posting at http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-data-point/f/36/t/23633.aspx but apparently it was never assigned a QAT number.)

In the following screenshot where I selected the query before pressing F9, the 2 progress bars for this query are half-filled with green and not moving… but the progress bar is moving normally for a different query that I started earlier in another editor window:

BETA not moving.png

In the following screenshot where I did NOT select the query before pressing F9, the progress bars are all moving normally, the editor tab does not say 50%, and the progress bar at the bottom says I have “2 tasks” running:

BETA all are moving.png