Toad World® Forums

Query regarding uniqueness of GUIDs.

Hi,

I have query about uniqueness of GUIDs created for test definitions. Are these identifiers unique across repositories or are the unique only for particular repository?

If they are unique only for the repository then will it cause any issues while importing test cases from another repositories.

Consider following scenario:

we have one repository in build database for continuous integration and several other repositories, one for each developer and installed on their local databases. Suppose developers create independent test cases using their own repository and export these test files in some central location on version control system.

The concern now is, whether we can safely import these test files into code tester repository installed for build system or will there be any problem due to clashing GUIDs ? For now this is the blocking issue for us to integrate with quest code tester. Please let us know whether this thing is handled by quest code tester and is it safe to have such system.

Hi,

the GUIDs are meant to be (world) GLOBALLY unique. So you won’t be able to find two same guid values in all repositories over the world.

This functionality is guaranteed by calling Oracle SYS_GUID function or Microsoft CoCreateGuid function.

Best regards,

Ferdinand

Thanks Fero.

Hi,

Which edition I should purchase to get code tester for oracle?

Is it available in the Toad for Oracle Base Edition and can it be integrated with continuous build integration system like Team City?

Code Tester is available with Toad for Oracle Development Edition.

http://quest.com/products/toad-development-suite-for-oracle/

Regards,

Lenka

Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 6:06 AM

To: codetester@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Code Tester for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Query regarding uniqueness of GUIDs.

RE: Query regarding uniqueness of GUIDs.

Reply by garkar

Hi,

Which edition I should purchase to get code tester for oracle?

Is it available in the Toad for Oracle Base Edition and can it be integrated with continuous build integration system like Team City?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from General
notifications altogether.

Code Tester for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.