Toad World® Forums

RE: Toad for DB2 LUW v6.0 B0111 - Object Explorer\ Dependencies Tab Doesn't Display all Dependencies

Adam, Session tables created using DGTT (declared global temporary table) do not exist in the catalog tables. However, Session tables created using CGTT (create
global temporary table) are.

I do not know the method Quest uses to search for dependencies. But I think something better than what is in place may have to be developed (such as scanning
the text of packages and views).

Please call me to discuss existing dependency methodology.

Thanks.

Richard Chouanard, analytics consultant

DB2 Database Administrator

*Payment Operations Management/Float Datamart

*Ph: 480-724-2142

From: Adam Ririe [mailto:bounce-adamririe_906@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:48 PM

To: toaddb2beta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad for DB2 LUW v6.0 B0111 - Obejct Explorer\ Dependencies Tab Doesn’t Display all Dependencies

RE: Toad for DB2 LUW v6.0 B0111 - Obejct Explorer\ Dependencies Tab
Doesn’t Display all Dependencies

Reply by Adam Ririe

Hi Richard,

Now I see. This was a trick question :slight_smile: I guess should have noticed the SESSION schema.

I’m not sure this dependency exists in the catalog. It’s not in packagedep, and the object only exists during the session. Do you know a way of finding this dependency?

Adam

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Richard,

It appears that statements in SQL procedures that use declared global temporary tables do not generate rows in SYSCAT.TABDEP, SYSCAT.ROUTINEDEP or SYSCAT.PACKAGEDEP. I believe that DB2 must dynamically bind these statements at execution time, and determine the dependencies on the fly. Statements using created GTTs do generate rows in the dependency tables.

I opened issue TDB-1195 to find a method of extracting the dependencies from the procedure package, and properly display al object dependencies of these procedures.

Regards,

Adam