Toad World® Forums

RE: Toad for DB2 v5.6.2256 -- Custom Filter Popup on Result Set Doesn't Sort Date Columns Correctly

Hi Adam, I was looking for an update on this issue. I did not see it referenced in builds 2356 or 2451.

Richard Chouanard, analytics consultant

DB2 Database Administrator

*Payment Operations Management/Float Datamart

*Ph: 480-724-2142

From: Adam Ririe [mailto:bounce-adamririe_906@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:00 PM

To: toaddb2beta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta Discussion Forum] Toad for DB2 v5.6.2256 – Custom Filter Popup on Result Set Doesn’t Sort Date Columns Correctly

RE: Toad for DB2 v5.6.2256 – Custom Filter Popup on Result Set Doesn’t
Sort Date Columns Correctly

Reply by Adam Ririe

I opened issue TDB-234 with development to track the resolution of this problem.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Richard,

Shorthand for this issue is TDB-234. It’s on our schedule for the next two weeks. Hopefully, it’s resolved by the beta that will be released around January 24. That’s not a promise, but if everything goes well, the fix will be there.

Regards,

Adam

Thanks.

Richard Chouanard, analytics consultant

DB2 Database Administrator

*Payment Operations Management/Float Datamart

*Ph: 480-724-2142

From: Adam Ririe [mailto:bounce-adamririe_906@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:04 AM

To: toaddb2beta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta Discussion Forum] RE: Toad for DB2 v5.6.2256 – Custom Filter Popup on Result Set Doesn’t Sort Date Columns Correctly

RE: RE: Toad for DB2 v5.6.2256 – Custom Filter Popup on Result Set
Doesn’t Sort Date Columns Correctly

Reply by Adam Ririe

Hi Richard,

Shorthand for this issue is TDB-234. It’s on our schedule for the next two weeks. Hopefully, it’s resolved by the beta that will be released around January 24. That’s not a promise, but if
everything goes well, the fix will be there.

Regards,

Adam

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for IBM DB2 - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I see that this issue (for date values) is resolved in build 2567. However, this issue is not fixed for all other numeric data types. Bottom line is that the Data Grid basic filter should sort the data exactly as though the user clicked on the column header to sort in ascending order (albeit that the Data Grid basic filter is unique values).

Hi Richard,

I’m seeing the bug, but only on DECIMAL and DECFLOAT columns. Are you saying you see incorrect sorting of the filter popup values for all numeric types?

Adam

Hi Adam, I verified it with Decimal and the only other numeric data type I had was Interger, and yes, the Integer data type does sort correctly. Please note that selecting the Data Grid basic filter for Timestamp data types produces an error (“Object reference not set to an instance of an object…”.

I created issue TDB-376 to track the DECIMAL and DECFLOAT sorting bug.

I haven’t been able to recreate the object reference exception. Can you give me the steps you did to create the error, and a screenshot of the call stack?

Adam

I was forced to kill Toad as the error dialog kept reappearing and nothing else could be selected. However, after the restart everything is working fine even the Data Grid basic filter for timestamp data types.

Please note though that the filter does sort the timestamp column as a character data type and not as a timestamp data type. This should be added to issue TDB-376.

I Added timestamp to TDB-376. I still can’t recreate the object reference exception. Please tell me if you encounter the exception again.

Regards,

Adam