Toad World® Forums

"Refreshing VC object states"

We are beginning to use the Source Control feature of Toad. We have several hundred objects that fall within the VC territory. When I make updates to objects or sometimes at random Toad will perform a background process for “Refreshing VC object states”. Toad typically hangs unresponsive for 1 or 2 minutes at the onset of this and sometimes it crashes with a NullReferenceException. I understand why Toad needs to make these calls, but they need to be truly “background” and not interfere with other things the user is trying to perform.

System.NullReferenceException
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at Quest.Toad.VersionControl.RepositoryManagerStatusProcessor.GetTrlByKey(IConnection connection, TrlReadOnlyParser key)
at Quest.Toad.VersionControl.RepositoryManagerStatusProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass10.b__b(TrlReadOnlyParser key)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List1…ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) at Quest.Toad.VersionControl.RepositoryManager.FireTrlsRefreshedWithParentTypeTrls(IEnumerable1 trls)
at Quest.Toad.VersionControl.RepositoryManagerStatusProcessor.RefreshObjectStates(Object refreshObjectStatesParms)

-Rudy

I’m also starting to see a lot of Not Responding crashes when attempting to Commit changes from the Perspectives View. I do not get an error message, but TOAD shows the progress bar infinitely until I have to end up closing the program. Other check-ins and interactions with our TFS server are fine from other clients.

The error occurrence on this feature is significantly high.

Hi,

We have TSS-647 to log that improving VC performance. But it still not been fixed yet. Sorry for your inconvenience.

We looked at this issue before. It seems that when related hundred objects, it not working in background then hang on there. We will try to fix it.

Best Regards,

Kelly