Toad World® Forums

Reverse engineering doesnt export foreign and check constraints

Hi,

I have evaluation version of Toad Modeller 3.3.7.22.
I have Oracle 10g database with several hundreds tables. I tried to run reverse engineering with selection of 6 tables. All tables, primary keys, and all indexes were successfully loaded. But no one foreign key or check constraint was loaded.
Could you give me possible reasons of that?

I checked in TOAD and TOAD’s schema browser shows check constraints and foreign keys.

Thanks
Vitaliy

Regarding the foreign keys among the six entities: if there is a child entity with FK, is there also its parent entity among the six entities you are trying to load?
In other words, we are asking if you load also parent entities to the selected child entities with FK OR only child entities without parent.

Also, please try to use another connection method. - ADO, TCP/IP and native are available.

Please let us know the result.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Hi Vitaliy,

Are the missing check constraints NOT NULL?

• Please check out if the check constraints that are not loaded are NOT NULL constraints. In Oracle, such constraints are saved as check constraints with condition “ATTRIBUTE_NAME IS NOT NULL”. In Toad Data Modeler, name of this not null constraint is shown on tab Not Null Constraint in the Attribute Properties dialog.

Thanks Vladka. I’ll figured out where I made mistake. My previous experience was with Oracle Designer…
I didn’t check relationship checkbox in assumption that if parent and child table are selected then foreign key will be loaded automatically.

Toad modeler has 2 places to show check constraints: per field and per table.
All my constraints are per field like CODE in (‘A’, ‘B’) But I expected to see them in general/table list of check constraints.

Thanks for help. I like the tool.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

In case of any other questions, please do not hesitate to write us. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team