Toad World® Forums

Reverse Engineering: Entity-Relationship of tables without foreign-keys

Hello Community,

we have an oracle schema with tables that have only an primary-key.
If i use the reverse engineering function, the enties are without relationships.
But the tables have columns who have the same name like the primary-keys - but they aren´t declared as foreign-keys.

Can you implement a function, which can do this - generate relationships?

Greetings

Jochen Sandner

Hello Jochen,

Thanks for your suggestion.
We will consider your request and will see what we can do about it. CR # 48 730

Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

I thought this functionality used to exist as part of the reverse engineering process. It seems it has disappeared at least in the latest public release. I swear there was a check-box to infer relationships. What happened to all of the extra check boxes for “options” in RE? At least for SQL Server. Do we need to go into Expert Mode to get this to work?

Hello,

I thought this functionality used to exist as part of the reverse engineering process. It seems it has disappeared at least in the latest public release. I swear there was a check-box to infer relationships.

This functionality was not a direct part of the RE process in any of previous versions of TDM, such a checkbox was not available.
However, in TDM v2 (and CS2), there was the addin called ‘InferRI’ available.
TDM v2 users could download it from casestudio.com site, import to TDM v2 (CS2) Templates Editor and the nonexisting relationships were inferred automatically during the RE process.

Anyway, such kind of addin is not available for TDM v3, I’m sorry. Nevertheless, as I wrote before, we will see what we can do about it. (CR # 48 730)

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team