Toad World® Forums

Reverse Engineering Wizard - pre-filter table criteria

I would like to reverse engineer a set of objects that are inside of an Oracle Applications db. The objects are owned by the APPS schema, which has thousands of objects. I have let the table retrieve run for 30 minutes without results returning.

Question - is there a way to prefilter the objects to retrieve before TDM attempts to retrieve the objects?

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your feedback.

We wonder where the problem is and how it’s possible that it takes so long (and without any result). We’d like to ask you for your co-operation and doing some more testings for us.

I’ve just sent you an email with some details. Please see the Private Messages section. Thank you.

We appreciate your help very much!

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Perhaps you could filter the objects on the Oracle side before you try to reverse engineer into TDM.

Create a new Oracle schema with the connect role (or the create table privilege).
For each table that you want to create in the data model to the following:
create table foo as (select * from apps.foo);

Then when you reverse engineer into TDM, connect as the new schema that you created. That won’t get by the amount of time that it takes to reverse engineer the hundreds of objects owned by APP, but it will allow you to RE to tables that are of interest.

Perhaps you could filter the objects on the Oracle side before you try to reverse engineer into TDM.

Create a new Oracle schema with the connect role (or the create table privilege).
For each table that you want to create in the data model to the following:
create table foo as (select * from apps.foo);

Then when you reverse engineer into TDM, connect as the new schema that you created. That won’t get by the amount of time that it takes to reverse engineer the hundreds of objects owned by APP, but it will allow you to RE to tables that are of interest.