Toad World® Forums

Row Number

I know we have a request to have the Row Number “lock” and not scroll off, but (and I hope this isn’t whinny) when you sort by a header, the row number sorts as well. I checked 5.x and the row number remains 1 - ??? in order. I would like to see 6 stay in order also, but if others like it the way it is, then I will agree. Just my thought…

I second Dale’s request .

I have logged a CR for this.

Cheers
Gwen

You’re definitely not being whinny… it’s a valid observation!

• Jaime -

Hi Dale and Domnique,

We’re working on this case and strange enough, 5.5 works the same way 6 does.
Please let me know if I went crazy or something. (i.e. screenshots would help)

Cheers
Gwen

Gwen,

Here come the screenshots…

The first image displays the situation right after selecting a few records from user_objects, the second one was taken after clicking the column header “OBJECT_ID”, sorting the output by that column’s data. The “Row #” column gets sorted (well, it’s ordering gets garbled), too…
…as it does in SQLNav 5.5 - you’re right!
I just hadn’t noticed it before…

Gwen,

Here come the screenshots…

The first image displays the situation right after selecting a few records from user_objects, the second one was taken after clicking the column header “OBJECT_ID”, sorting the output by that column’s data. The “Row #” column gets sorted (well, it’s ordering gets garbled), too…
…as it does in SQLNav 5.5 - you’re right!
I just hadn’t noticed it before…

Hi guys,

We had a talk about this issue and it turns out that this column used to be locked in the past (when we were working on 6.0 beta) but it was eventually changed to behave the same as 5.5. This decision was made due to requests raised by customers so I think we will keep this behaviour for now.

Gwen