Toad World® Forums

Run script in SQL Plus

It is very useful function. We can highlight some script in code ediitor. After that press button “Try in SQL Plus” it should open SQL Plus with the same connection details and run this script. What do you think about it?

Thank you
Artem

I would have to say if this is possible this would be wonderful!

Hi Artem,

We’ve improved the SQL*Plus command support in v6.x. It now performs the following commands:
SPOOL
PROMPT
PAUSE
ACCEPT
DESCRIBE
EXECUTE
CONNECT/DISCONNECT
DEFINE/UNDEFINE
QUIT/EXIT
@,@@

What SQL*Plus functionality are you still missing? Or, is there another reason that you want to run scripts externally?

Thanks,
Roman

Hi Roman
It is great that Nav supports some SQLPlus command. Sometimes I have to test my scripts in SQL+.

1. All scripts will promote to Production DB via SQL+
  2. Some time I cannot decide what is the reason of issue Nav or Oracle.
    I thinlk this button will be appreciateв

If you cannot do it. There is second way to add Plugin support. I will create dll myself.
Sorry for my English. Probably you know Russian :wink: It will be much easy for me to explain my idea in Russian:)

Thank you
Artem

One small reason for us is sometimes it seems navigator does some simple optimizations (Or at least that’s what it appears). We will have scripts running in a batch environment and when we research why we are having response time issues through navigator we don’t see any performance problems. But when we run it in sqlplus we see the response problems. These are few and far between that’s why I had never mentioned it.

This certainly can be done, but not for 6.2 - too late. We will raise an enhancement request.

Regards,
Roman

Thanks a lot