Runtime Error dump upload

On which way can I send you crash dumps of the current beta

Either post here or tell us what you were doing when the crash occurred. Then the dev responsible for that area will speak up.

Hello,

hier is the crash dumpe.

I have opened 4 diffenrent db sessions and want to browse to package sources.

The problem with crashes in multiple open sessions has existed for many years. The memory consumption then increases steadily until the crashes start at about 1 GB.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Stefan Graf

Prokurist

common solutions GmbH & Co. KG

Telefon: +49 234 5885 – 102

Fax: +49 234 5885 – 191

www.levitaio.de

www.storelogix.de

www.common-solutions.de

Home24 nutzt storelogix aus Überzeugung:

common solutions GmbH & Co. KG, Wasserstrasse 223, D-44799 Bochum, Germany
Amtsgericht Bochum HRA 4381 - Geschäftsführer: Roger Kirchhoff, Patrick Zimmermann - Persönlich haftende Gesellschaft: common solutions Verwaltungs-GmbH, Wasserstr. 223, D-44799 Bochum - Amtsgericht Bochum HRB 7443

Von: John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2018 22:11
An: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com
Betreff: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Runtime Error dump upload

RE: Runtime Error dump upload

Reply by John Dorlon

Either post here or tell us what you were doing when the crash occurred. Then the dev responsible for that area will speak up.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.
Toad 13.1 crash dump 20180606.zip (480 KB)

Hier is the next dump

6 different db session, crash happens when open a trigger source code in the editor
Toad 13.1 crash dump 20180606.zip (480 KB)

Try this:

1. In SB, go to a table that has no trigger and then click on Triggers tab.

2. In the RHS, in the top grid, if there is a filter set on the grid, remove it. Also right-click and choose “Reset Columns”

3. go back to columns tab.

4. find your table that does have a trigger and see if the problem is gone.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

-John

Hi,

sorry, but why should I do that? The corrupt TOAD process does not work either way anymore.

Killing and restarting the TOAD process resolves the problem, if only for a few hours until the next crash.

Stefan Graf

Von: John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2018 20:29

An: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Betreff: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Runtime Error dump upload

RE: Runtime Error dump upload

Reply by John Dorlon

Try this:

1. In SB, go to a table that has no trigger and then click on Triggers tab.

2. In the RHS, in the top grid, if there is a filter set on the grid, remove it. Also right-click and choose “Reset Columns”

3. go back to columns tab.

4. find your table that does have a trigger and see if the problem is gone.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

-John

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The error log shows that the error happens when you go to SB-Tables-Trigger (or describe table - Trigger tab). I thought that the problem happened consistently when you describe a trigger, and that the steps I gave might resolve the problem.

Looking again at the error log, I see that was an 12.12 error log

You can tell because it has this line at the top:

1.3 Version Number : 12.12.0.39

Oops, disregard my last message. I was looking at the first error log in the file. I see that there are some for Toad 13.1 if I scroll down.

Sorry about that. WIll look at the file again after lunch!

It looks like

• The error happens in the Schema Browser when you change from some tab to Packages or Procedures or Functions.
  • You have your Schema Browser in one of the “tabbed” modes.
  • You have 64 bit Toad
    You mentioned that it only happens when the memory usage goes up to 1G or so. Is that the only thing that leads up to the error, or is there something you can do to make it happen quickly after you start Toad?

If it only happens once memory usage gets large, can you let me know where in Toad you are spending your time as the memory usage goes up?

I always use TOAD with several open db sessions (5 to 6), to differnet servers and schemas.

The problem with the run time error occurs especially when working with source texts, for example when loading larger texts -> 4000 to 8000 lines or when applying a compare script

The version tag in the header seems to be wrong, it was a 13.1.0.14

Next crash.

I have opende only 3 session and want do open an new editor window in a sysdb session.

The version tag in the dump header seems to be wrong, it was a 13.1.0.15
Toad 13.1.0.15 20180608.zip (574 KB)

Thanks Stefan.

There are multiple crash dumps in the file. They are in order from oldest to newest. The last one has 13.1.0.15.

Ok, then you could see my suffering history :wink:

Yes, and I am working on it. :slight_smile:

Michael found and fixed a memory leak today. It is fixed for Monday’s beta. I don’t know if it is related to your problems or not, but if you spend a lot of time editing pl/sql objects in the Editor, I think it could be significant.