Toad World® Forums

Schema Compare filters do not work

Hello,
the filter menu in Oracle Schema compare does not work at all.

Thanks,
Paolo

Hi Paolo,

In the Options dialog, which “Look And Feel” option do you have set?

Tim

Hi Paolo,

This is a known issue… and will be fixed in the next build of the Schema Compare beta.

The filter does actually work…
The problem is, you can’t easily tell which objects you have filtered, as the GUI is broken.
If you hover over each object in the menu (see attachment) the correct state of the icon is displayed.

Further to Tim’s comment, as a work-around, you can select any of the Themes that start with ‘Skin:’ or the ‘Windows 2003’ theme (see 2nd attachment)… and the filter selections will be displayed.

Jaime
skins.jpeg

Hi Paolo,

This is a known issue… and will be fixed in the next build of the Schema Compare beta.

The filter does actually work…
The problem is, you can’t easily tell which objects you have filtered, as the GUI is broken.
If you hover over each object in the menu (see attachment) the correct state of the icon is displayed.

Further to Tim’s comment, as a work-around, you can select any of the Themes that start with ‘Skin:’ or the ‘Windows 2003’ theme (see 2nd attachment)… and the filter selections will be displayed.

Jaime
filter_applied.jpeg

I had set the Default skin, but now I changed it to Office2003 and it looks like the thing is working. So this is a GUI bug and it would explain also another issue I found.

Thanks for the explanation,
Paolo