Toad World® Forums

Schema Compare Oops Moment


#1

I did a schema compare yesterday, and inadvertantly damaged a different DB.

In prior versions of TOAD, schema compare would open an editor window pointing to the correct DB, with a USE [DB] statement at the top.

I did a normal schema compare, not a multiple-DB compare. I was/am used to the prior versions helpfulness, and did not notice that the selected DB was the first one alphabetically, and there was no USE [DB] statement at the top of the script. I ran the script, and proceeded to wreak havoc on the wrong DB.

It would be nice if, when doing 1-1 schema compares, the correct DB came up selected, and a USE [DB] statement was placed at the top of the script, like in prior versions.

This is in 6.0.123.


#2

Thanks for the post, it is known issue.
Sorry for this. Should be fixed in this release