Setting Variables in Automation Issue -- Behaves Differently Than in Editor or .TDR File

www.toadworld.com/.../default.aspx

Hi Igor,

do you have any news on this issue?

Regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Very strange but this current thread is somehow broken… The thread started here:

www.toadworld.com/…/21008.aspx

Anyway, as I mentioned above, the problem has been fixed in February this year. The 3.7 beta program is still active if you want to go with it - see link Debbie gave (www.toadworld.com/…/default.aspx).

Also, TDP 3.7 is now GA, you can get it if you want. Please check www.toadworld.com/…/default.aspx

I hope I answered the question you asked.

Igor.

Hi Igor,

sorry i replied on page 1.

I have now downloaded version 3.7. of Toad Datapoint.

However my issue is not fixed.

I tried to set a variable in an automation script with the value:

concat(’ ’ ',‘ABC’)

however this results in the error:

Set_Variable_Value_3 - mismatched input ‘’,’’ expecting ‘)’ line 1:13

When i test this expression in the expression editor it works.

Can you please have a look at this?

Regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Now I see. The bug you’ve found is not exactly the same as the one that started this thread. I’ve created QAT-5746 to track this particular issue.

Igor.

ok. thank you very much.

can you give me an update if there is anything?

Hello this is me again. I still need your help. I'm testing this on the new 3.7 and have good news and bad news.

GOOD News: I get no errors in the dialog box of the SET VARIABLE in Automation

BAD News: Although the automation script runs, I get no results from the query when querying for two items, just an empty Excel File.

Please, note that if I use only one element such as 'ABC' (including quotes) for my variable value, the query runs successfully with output data available, however, if I include two items to seek for 'ABC','DEF' then I get 0 rows exported.

Attached some screenshots of my experience.

I know this is really old thread, but I am having exactly the problem as described by the post from Andreas in May '15 …

he says:

I tried to set a variable in an automation script with the value:

concat(’ ’ ',‘ABC’)

however this results in the error:

Set_Variable_Value_3 - mismatched input ‘’,’’ expecting ‘)’ line 1:13

When i test this expression in the expression editor it works.

I am using TDP 4.2.1 64-bit.
No matter what I have tried, I can’t find a way to include a single quote in any string output.
I need to build an “IN” string list for Oracle query - e.g.
where table_name in (‘RED’,‘YELLOW’,‘BLUE’)
and the table names are variables, i have to build on the fly.

How to escape a single quote mark in a variable ??

Is defect QAT-5476 still not fixed from 3 years ago?
thx

defect QAT-5746 was fixed at TDP3.8, but it was somehow broken since TDP4.2.1, I create a new defect QAT-13364 to track this issue

Has there been any update on this? I'm currently having the same issue using Toad 4.3 (version controlled by my company so I can't download the newest version) and have tried all of the suggestions above and on several other pages without success.

I'm trying to return a list of plan IDs depending on which state is input. I have an If statement that goes to a Set Variable Value. An example of my values would be:
PLAN_ID IN ('WY01','WY02','BT05') ---if typed out
PLAN_ID IN (:Plan_IDs) ---calling blind variable