Toad World® Forums

Several issues

Hi

I and others already alerted about this problem, but I could not find the thread:
when saving to database when the package was not changed since last save/opening the cursor goes to the begining of the editing tab (body or spec according to the place where you made the save)

this still happens with the last build

thanks
Filipe

Message was edited by: Fsilva

Another problem I think was also mentioned was that selecting a word also selects near non “word like chars”

for instance

if l_my_pay<lct_pay then

trying to selecting by double clicking lct_pay results in selecting l_my_pay<lct_pay

In the other way around

select * from AQ$WF_NOTIFICATION_IN

trying to selecting by double clicking the table name will only selected WF_NOTIFICATION_IN or AQ (the $ sign is wrongly (i think) see as an end word char)

Thanks
Filipe

Message was edited by: Fsilva (9/07/2009)

Hi again

(I’m putting all the stuff in this thread hopping that will make it easier…I changed the subject title (was Save To Database))

Search objects -> sort by name

It sorts the constraints first and then the other objects

I think I miss that in the previous builds :frowning:

Filipe

Hi

I always forget to mention this
Sometimes I got in my desktop files like

C##Users#FSILVA~1.FIL#AppData#Local#Temp#$DEV.107635.PSK

those files are originated by SQLNavigator
A folder c:\Users\FSILVA~1.FIL\AppData\Local\Temp\ exists but its empty and c:\Users\FSILVA~1.FIL\ only has that folder.
My user folder is C:\Users\fsilva.FilipeSilva\ and not the c:\Users\FSILVA~1.FIL\

My desktop (where the files appear) is located in C:\Users\fsilva.FilipeSilva\Desktop

TEMP and TMP enviroment variables are set as
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

but using set command in the windows cmd

I get

TEMP=C:\Users\FSILVA~1.FIL\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=C:\Users\FSILVA~1.FIL\AppData\Local\Temp
USERDOMAIN=FilipeSilva
USERNAME=fsilva
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\fsilva.FilipeSilva

Maybe this is the origin of the problem? (this is the only program I have notice this issue)

Thanks

Filipe

PS: I now deleted the C:\Users\FSILVA~1.FIL\ folder I had (empty besides those empty folders)…by cmd I can now use >cd C:\Users\FSILVA~1.FIL\AppData\Local\Temp and it will get me to C:\Users\fsilva.FilipeSilva\AppData\Local\Temp
Maybe that fixes it

Hi again

Search objects all packages body’s -> select all using Ctrl-A using the right mouse button select compile all

1- normally the line where the mouse is is de-selected :frowning: (this also happened in previous builds)
2- you could close the search place and the compilation still continues in the background
(I did not know if that was already the behavior in previous builds)

Filipe

Hi

Steps
1- with Team Coding enabled
2- select in your code an object with Ctrl-click to open it
3- move the mouse to the ok button

The team coding check out window will open but moving the mouse will in the back continue to select the lines of code (it appears the focus of mouse was not changed), and moves the page around (up and down)

Regards
Filipe

Hi

this one is a recurrent problem

after this last installation I did not have the task manager (it didn’t open)

I had to apply the workaround described in http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?messageID=27443&#27443

Regards
Filipe

Hi

A strange one

Open a package and try to close the Spec sub-tab…it closes all the package!

Thanks

Filipe

Hi Filipe,

This is by design. When you close the main sub-tab, it automatically closes the entire tab.

Regards,
Roman

Hi Filipe,

Issue with saving package and highlighting have been targeted for 6.3.

Sorting in Find Object window: the work-around is to sort it a couple of times. I will raise a CR to have it fixed in 6.3.

Desktop file: will be fixed for 6.2

Compile objects in Find Object: It’s by design I think. It also works like that in 5.5. You can try stopping it by click on the Stop button on the toolbar.

Highlight after Ctrl+click: I will raise a CR to have it fixed in a later version.

Originally, if you keep closing and opening Task Manager, it will drift down and become invisible. This issue was fixed.
Recently, we noticed that if the user close SQLNav and reopen Task Manager, it also drifts and causes the issue. This case wasn’t fixed when the last thread was posted but has been addressed in our latest build.
I suspect that the issue you got was caused by previous builds of Nav before this change was made but probably not the last two.

Gwen

Message was edited by: Gwen Message was edited by: Gwen

Message was edited by: Gwen

Hi Gwen

The issue of saving the package (first in this thread) is a very annoying one…I hopped that it would be fixed finally in 6.2 :frowning:

But moving forward…another issue…reparse problem
have a package with several procedures…
in the body colapse a procedure
write / in the line after the procedure (that is collapsed)
write /
in the line before the procedure (that is collapsed)

result: the code after the collapsed procedure disapear from the editor. If you uncolapsed the procedure the missing code is there…if you colapsed it again it will still colapse the code until the end
If you save the package all is ok again

Regards

Hi Filipe,

Due to time constraint, only fatal bugs will be considered to fixed for 6.2 so we will not be able to implement this fix until the next release. I also raised a CR for the issue with collapsing.

Gwen

Hi

Java Source will not get “stacked” in tabs (distinct from the SQL and PL/SQL tabs).
It that a known feature or a missing implementation?

Regards
Filipe

PS: I think I didn’t get an answer for the select word issue (second post in this thread) :“http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/message.jspa?messageID=30583#30583

HI Filipe,

Java Editor is a separate editor just like table editor or any VOE.

I did reply for the second issue but I called it ‘highlighting’ issue. Anyway, we’re aware of it and it was targeted for 6.3.

Gwen

Hi Gwen

What confused me was that in the help file in “All-in-one Code Editor” section:
"In SQL Navigator 6.0 the SQL Editor and the Stored Program Editor are merged into one single Code Editor. Hence, Code Editor also provides these convenient features to deal with stored programs:
(…)Java source code handling.(…)
"

Another question
In code editor toolbar where can I find the “Scan defines” button? (I found out that the option is also available in the “mouse” menu, but…)
(Maybe the “Code Editor toolbar commands” section could have a picture of each button?)

In the toolbar what is the funcionality of the back/forward buttons?

also in the "“Code Editor toolbar commands” section of the help file the

“More about Team Coding” in not linked.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Filipe Silva

Hi again

Just to report that I found the Scan Defines button (near Spool Screen button), sorry about that.

Regards
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

Thanks for pointing our these errors. It may be too late for 6.2 but we will definitely update these for 6.3.

Gwen

Hi again

with the new build (1489) I still get in the desktop some files as I reported above
(http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?messageID=30586&#30586)

Regards
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

Please check the version again as well as clean up all the files created in the desktop by the previous version. Hope it works.

Gwen

—from previous post in this thread–
Another problem I think was also mentioned was that selecting a word also selects near non “word like chars”

for instance

if l_my_pay<lct_pay then

trying to selecting by double clicking lct_pay results in selecting l_my_pay<lct_pay

I still got this problem with the last beta from 6.3