Toad World® Forums

Signature of function changed

I had a test suite set up for a package that was working great. Then I needed to change the signature of one of the functions (changed the Return type from INTEGER to SYS_REFCURSOR).

I couldn’t figure out how to modify the Outcomes to fit the new signature. It still seemed to think the function was returning an INTEGER. I tried reconnecting, creating new test cases, changing the existing test cases, but nothing seemed to work. I ended up deleting the whole test definition and recreating it. Once I did that, the Return type was finally recognized as a refcursor.

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks,
Mitch

Yes, there is definitely another way to do it. For anyone reading this post, PLEASE post a question or check in with Quest Support before you delete and rebuild the test definition.

Please check out the Help topic:

How do I…
Customize test definition
Update Test Definition After Program Changes

Then you should have been able to make the changes needed - but it IS a manual process.

SF

Steven - Thanks, the help topic was perfect. I guess I can’t complain about my users not reading the help files anymore…

Thanks,
Mitch

Nah…we need to make our program smarter. I am looking into that right now. We should at least notify you when we detect that the signatures are out of synch.