Toad World® Forums

Some commands added to editor toolbar will disappear

When I add certain commands to an editor toolbar, the commands will disappear. They also disappeared in versions 3.6 and 3.7. Starting in 3.8, after the commands disappear from the toolbar, I also get a series of error messages when I right-click inside the editor window.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Delete the Application Data Directory for Toad Data Point Beta 3.8.

2. Relaunch Toad Data Point Beta (my version is 3.8.0.56).

3. When prompted to import connections, click on Cancel.

4. When prompted to migrate settings, click on Cancel.

5. It is not necessary to connect to any database before proceeding.

6. Close all open windows.

7. Open a new editor window.

8. Right-click inside the editor window. The choices should look like the following, which is normal:

1. Right click in the editor toolbar and click on Customize.

2. Go to the Commands tab and scroll down to Editor in the left pane.

3. Drag the following 5 commands to the end of the existing toolbar called One Click Export:

-- Cancel Executing Query (which has a stop sign icon)
-- Make Uppercase
-- Make Lowercase
-- Comment Lines
-- Uncomment Lines

1. Before you close the Customization window, the screen should look like this:

1. Close the Customization window.

2. Save the editor file and give it a name (for example "Commands test.sql"). It is not necessary to put any text in it.

3. Close the editor file.

4. Reopen the editor file that you just closed. The new commands should still be displayed in the toolbar, and if you right-click inside the editor window, you should see the normal choices:

1. Close the editor file.

2. Reopen the editor file that you just closed. This time, the only new command in the toolbar is Cancel Executing Query (which has a stop sign icon). The other new icons are permanently gone:

1. Those missing commands are also gone from the Customization window. In fact, all of the following commands are now missing from the Editor list in the Customization window, and they do not come back even when you relaunch Toad Data Point: