Toad World® Forums

Some problems regarding sqlnavigator

(versions 7.1, 7.2 3910)

when extracting DDL from a package and then changing session using button Send To Session everything works ok but current session indicator (drop down list on the toolbar) does not display the new session until you click the new editor. This can be confusing. This happens only after ddl extraction and not when sending loaded scripts or written sqlcode.

Some times package plsql editor fails to scroll to the end of text. It seems like editor assumes that the total number of lines in the editor are less than the real number of lines. This occurs usualy when using expand/collapse feature of plsql editor in conjuction with (or not) auto formatting of package bodies

Still no function of recomparing database objects with view difference

Teamcoding (SQLNAV 7.1) : It has been reported to me that when using svn as a provider and clicking save password during login the actual saved password gets corrupted and login fails the next time login is required. Colleagues reported that it seems that password encryption fails for some passwords and some do not have any problem depending on the actual word used as a password. Since I did not read about a fix for this I think that the bug is relevant for 7.2 as well.

Hi Mastorakis,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. we didn’t reproduct this issue in our envi, Could you confirm that in 7.1 ? after Send to New Session, it should be switch to current session. include drop down list on the toolbar.

2. For scroll bar issue, it have been fixed in the latest 7.2 build, Could you pls try again when we release the build?

3. This was known issue SQLNAV-1718 for us, we will try to fixed it in 7.3

4. For TeamCoding, we plan to update whole TeamCoding areas in 7.3

Thanks,

Michael

The exact steps to follow are (7.2 3910)

double click a package. The editor opens and the body is selected. Press the sql button and a new tab (DDL) is created next to body inside the general tab of the package. Press the send to session button and choose a session or csend it to a new one. The sql script is moves to a new editor in the new session but the current session indicator displays the original session.

If this does not happen in your installation perhaps you could tell me some parameters I should check

Hi Mastorakis,

Thanks for your detailed feedback.

we can reproduce the first problem according to your steps, and we have created a new story (SQLNAV-1866:the current session indicator displays the original session when send to new session) for you, this problem will be fixed as soon as possible in the next version.

Thanks and regards.

Alan

Hi Mastorakis,

Thanks for your detailed feedback.

we can reproduce the first problem according to your steps, and we have created a new story (SQLNAV-1866 :the current session indicator displays the original session when send to new session) for you, this problem will be fixed as soon as possible in the next version.

Thanks and regards.

Alan