Toad World® Forums

Some problems with 6.2

some I already add with 6.1 so I do not know if someone already reported them (I did not find then in a quick search on the forum).

• Cannot paste into a cell that is in edit mode …the paste appears in the code section :frowning:

• formating /*
    CASE1: This is the one that annoys me If I have

PACKAGE BODY a1
/*
something
*/
IS

formating I got

PACKAGE BODY a1 /*
something
*/
IS

—end case 1
CASE2: If I have

PACKAGE BODY a1 IS
/*
something
*/

formating I got

PACKAGE BODY a1 IS
/*
something
*/

(a tabs is made in every line of the comments)

if the /* is below the size of a tab the formatter will make it a tab and shift all the comment a tab to the right
if the /* is above the size of a tab the formatter will make it only a tab IF it can shift left all the other comments lines the same length

This that to be expected?
—end case 2

Thanks

The first issue is in our list for 6.2 but we haven’t got to it yet.

Gwen

Hi Filipe,

The first issue should have been fixed in our last beta release.

I will ask Vincent to check out the second issue for you.

Thanks
Gwen

Hi Filipe,

CASE1:
This happens when you select “Position IS / AS on the same line” in Formatter Options | General | Indenting pane. It looks like he formatter mistakes the first item following package name as “IS” and tries to place it on the same line with the package name. I will create CR for this, hoping the formatter team will fix this soon :). I don’t think you would like to give up the option of “Position IS / AS on the same line”, but just a note, deselecting this option is a workaround for this issue.

CASE2:
We have already had CR for handling the /* */ comments. I just had a look at that CR in formatter team but it was still open to be fixed. I have updated your comments to that CR.

Thanks for everything you feed back,
Vincent