Toad World® Forums

Some windows look bad if screen resolution set to 125% or 150%

Some windows look bad if the screen resolution is set to 125% or 150%. They probably aren’t all worth fixing, but I wanted to document them for your review. These issues were also present in earlier releases. (I apologize for the length of this post!) FYI, I cropped many of the screenshots to make the images smaller.

In my PC’s configuration for Screen Resolution, there’s a choice for “Make text and other items larger or smaller”:

Screen larger or smaller.png

My configuration is set to 125% to improve readability:

Screen medium.png

A. This is the Import Connections dialog at 125% (also bad at 150%):

B. This is the Settings Migration dialog at 150% (not so bad at 125%):

C. This is the Options window for Environment - General at 125% (also bad at 150%):

D. This is the Status Bar showing the elapsed time clock, missing the tens digit at 125% (probably worse at 150% but untested):

E1. This is the Options window when doing a search for the word “editor”; this window does not have a problem:

E2. This is the Options window after clicking on the ^ button next to “Search” to close the search results, bad at 125% (also bad at 150%):

F. This is the Options window for Database - Cache at 125% (also bad at 150%):

G. This is the Options window for Job Manager - General at 150% (OK at 125%):

H. This is the Options window for Job Manager - Advanced at 150% (also bad at 125%):

I created QAT-5915 so we can look into this and see if we can do anything.

Thanks! FWIW, my 125% resolution also caused a different problem with Toad losing track of my window size and position. I reported this in the following post:

www.toadworld.com/…/23513.aspx

It became QAT-4636 and was fixed on version 3.7.