Toad World® Forums

SQL Nav 7.2 beta, buttons are always greyed out

Hi

Just a little problem : all buttons are always grey out, even when they are active. Comparison between 7.2 beta and 6.7. I just see that 7.1 (I don’t use) already had this problem.

Regards

Martin

Martin, thanks for the screen shot. However it doesn’t seem like having problems to me-- buttons are activated when corresponding component is in the right condition. E.g.,the commit button on data
grid toolbar is enabled only when the dataset is in updateable mode. Would please try around different situations and verify that the buttons are activated when they should be?

martin_goblet

Sent:
‎25/‎11/‎2014 6:25 PM

To:
sqlnavbeta@toadworld.com

Subject:
[SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum] SQL Nav 7.2 beta, buttons are always greyed out

SQL Nav 7.2 beta, buttons are always greyed out

Thread created by martin_goblet
Hi

Just a little problem : all buttons are always grey out, even when they are active. Comparison between 7.2 beta and 6.7. I just see that 7.1 (I don’t use) already had this problem.

Regards

Martin

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from SQL Navigator - Beta
notifications altogether.

SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Vincent

They are activated, but greyed out as if they were not actif. They only take the “bright” colour if I put the mouse over.

I made a change in a table, on the first record.

V 6.7 :

SQL Navigator 6.7.png

You clearly see that the “previous record” button is greyed out, because I’m already on the first one. All others are actif : bright colour.

V 7.2 beta :

SQL Navigator 7.2.png

All buttons are greyed out, even if I can perform the action. I’ve no idea if I can do an action or not without placing the mouse over the button and wait for the refresh of the colours.

Regards

Martin

Martin your screen shots still look good in my screen (reading emails from my mobile phone). Indeed the new version looks slightly lighter but I can tell the enabled buttons from those gray ones. Could
you check your monitor settings to see if you can adjust the brightness and contrast to make the new version clearer?

martin_goblet

Sent:
‎25/‎11/‎2014 8:11 PM

To:
sqlnavbeta@toadworld.com

Subject:
RE: [SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum] SQL Nav 7.2 beta, buttons are always greyed out

RE: SQL Nav 7.2 beta, buttons are always greyed out

Reply by martin_goblet
Hi Vincent

They are activated, but greyed out as if they were not actif. They only take the “bright” colour if I put the mouse over.

I made a change in a table, on the first record.

V 6.7 :

You clearly see that the “previous record” button is greyed out, because I’m already on the first one. All others are actif : bright colour.

V 7.2 beta :

All buttons are greyed out, even if I can perform the action. I’ve no idea if I can do an action or not without placing the mouse over the button and wait for the refresh of the colours.

Regards

Martin

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Vincent

Tried on different screens, and yes there is a little difference between the active buttons and the non active ones. But this difference is really light against the old version.

Measured all in Photoshop :

All active colours have at least be greyed from 30%. This reduces a lot the difference between the active (bright) colour and the greyed out version (50% grey). Before there was at least a difference of 50% between the colours of active and non active buttons, now there is only 20% left.

Regards

Martin

That is a brilliant analysis report and it is convincing. I will create a story for this. Will keep you posted on any progress.

martin_goblet

Sent:
‎25/‎11/‎2014 9:31 PM

To:
sqlnavbeta@toadworld.com

Subject:
RE: [SQL Navigator - Beta Discussion Forum] SQL Nav 7.2 beta, buttons are always greyed out

RE: SQL Nav 7.2 beta, buttons are always greyed out

Reply by martin_goblet
Hi Vincent

Tried on different screens, and yes there is a little difference between the active buttons and the non active ones. But this difference is really light against the old version.

Measured all in Photoshop :

All active colours have at least be greyed from 30%. This reduces a lot the difference between the active (bright) colour and the greyed out version (50% grey). Before there was at least a difference of 50% between the colours of active and non active
buttons, now there is only 20% left.

Regards

Martin

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Martin,

We have apply a change to fix this problem (SQLNAV-1794). I would like to explain a little bit because the change doesn’t cover all conditions.

1. first of all and most importantly to you – we made toolbars display in the same style like they do in 6.7 “by default”. [note] this default applies in Classic
    windows theme + default SQL Navigator UI style.

2. the cause of the differences between 6.7 and 7.x is the change to support more UI styles in SQL Navigator preferences – apparently some styles prefer to
    make the buttons “greyed out”. This behavior even applies to the existing styles.

3. In Windows 7 theme, SQL Navigator’s default style still makes buttons look like “greyed out”. Users need to select “Standard” UI style in preferences to
    get clearer buttons back, “Office” style will do too.

I hope the change we have done makes your work easier:). Please let me know if you can still any problems.

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi Vincent

Great improvement in the new version, many thanks.

Regards

Martin