Toad World® Forums

SQL Nav 7.2 Beta : Copy of code takes too much time (not responding)

Hi

Just made an Extract-DLL from the code I want to install on our production database : 64000 lines. The copy of this code blocked the application for 40 seconds (not responding). In my other programs (like Notepad++), the same copy is instantly.

In the former version I already got problems with copy/paste of code, but here it’s getting worse.

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

we have try your issue, but no luck for us.

Could you pls send us your support bundle file?

Help->Create Support Bundle Files

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael

I’ve created the files. The two files are here : https://drive.google.com/a/zieglergroup.eu/folderview?id=0ByneMJGGmZ6GTWsyM2g2ZDk3SXM&usp=sharing

Hope you can retrieve them, otherwise let me know how to send them.

Regards

Martin

Sorry, Could you send me by Email again?

my Email: Michael.Luo@quest.com

Hi Michael

Don’t remember if I sended the files or not. The last days, I’ve to do a lot of copy/paste and I can reproduce the problem each time. To copy/paste 70000 lines, it takes now about 3-4 minutes. Sometimes the screen becomes white and I hear the ventilator of my pc speeding up !

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

Could you pls send the file to me again by email.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael

File has been send. hope to the right address.

Regards

Martin

Hi Michael

Tried a workaround for this annoying problem and found another one. Instead of making a copy/paste, I saved into a file and opened this file (74230 lines).

Opening the file in v6.7, takes less than 1 second, in v7.2 and 7.3 (32bit) it takes 65 seconds !!!

Really a huge difference.

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

I find have exist a story(SQLNAV-1901:Copy / paste takes tremendous time on Code Editor) about this problem, we will continue to investigate it, thanks.

Regards

Alan