Toad World® Forums

SQL NAV just stopped showing privileges.

For some reason sql nav is not able to reverse the privileges that are associated with tables, views, users or any other database object.

The include grants preference is selected and the enable using DBA views is also selected at the logon screen.

**THIS IS A SHOW STOPPER FOR US. WE WILL NOT USE THE NEWER VERSIONS OF SQL NAV IF WE CAN NOT TRUST THIS FEATURE TO ALWAYS WORK.
**I am able to view the object privileges on other databases and database servers using the same sql navigator.

Please look into this.

Hi Henry,

Are you sure that this problem exists only in the newer versions? Which versions do you mean? We didn’t make changes in this area for a few years I believe. You are talking about Extract DDL, right? In which version of Nav does this feature work correctly on the same database?

Thank you,
Roman

I have screenshots but I don’t want to post them on the web. Is there any way you folks at quest can contact me via e-mail so I can send this to you?

You can send them to roman.movchan@quest.com, thanks.

**MY BAD…
**I just found out that the objects I was looking at did infact NOT have prilileges. I compaired the results displayed by nav65 and select * from dba_tab_privs where owner = and table_name =… ;

The results are the same between oracle and nav.

My appologies for raising a false alarm.