Toad World® Forums

SQL Navigator 6.3 Beta Build 1789 (expires 31 May 2010)

Hi All,

The SQL Navigator 6.3 Beta is now available for download.
Please uninstall previous 6.3 SQL Navigator Beta build, Please uninstall previous 6.3 SQL Navigator Beta build, and Quest Code Tester for Oracle before install build 1789.
before install build 1789.
When install build 1789, please also select Quest Code Tester forOracle to be installed as you will need to setup the Code Testerrepository to be able to activate the new Code Test feature in SQLNavigator.
This build contains changes in the areas of execution console,Code Test, debugging Trigger objects, plus other bug fixes reported bythe Community:- Undo issue

• Selection issue after sql execution
  • Dot look up performance
  • Cursor jumping issue in the Code editor…

We are getting close to the release date for v6.3. It would be much appreciated if you can try out the build, provide us withfeedbacks and assist our team to sign off the release candidate. In particular the new Code Test feature which has been added to assist you to create test cases to test your work making sure all your changes will not break any area of your code.

Attached are some information prepared by Roman for your references regarding the new Code Test and debugging Trigger in v6.3.

Thanks and regards,
SQL Navigator Team

Adding the note to uninstall Quest Code Tester based on Filipe’s feedback.

Message was edited by: bruceduong

Code Testing Features in SQL Navigator 6-3.docx (499 KB)

Debugging Triggers in SQL Navigator 6.docx (409 KB)

Hi

1- I have a previous version of code tester when when trying to install with the update (to 1.9.1.5.05) I got an error:
Critical Errors :
Quest Code Tester for Oracle : 1603

2- Will the errors writed in SQL Nav be visible in Code Tester and vice-versa? (the ones supported by SQL Nav, of course) (in the previous beta I didn’t get that visibility)

3- when using outline and clicking in some “tree entry” I got in the output console : “Invalid class typecast”

Message was edited by: Fsilva

Hi again

I didn’t test it in previous versions
4- in db explorer -> create table -> name: XPTO -> ok ->leave the Table editor open and change the session (or start a new) to another schema (schema2)-> go back to the table editor the SQL generated will have the schema of the other session (schema2) :frowning:
If you try to just apply change to DB it will have no schema selected -> if you choose ok it will not work -> the name of the table will change to “.XPTO” and the SQL will still have the schema2

Regards
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

For 1603 error when you apply the update did you uninstall the previous version of Code Tester? If your answer is yes please provide the QCT’s log file from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Quest Software\Quest Installer\Logs, otherwise please uninstall QCT using Quest Installer before apply the update.

Regards,
Jeff

Message was edited by: jchan

Hi Jeff

No, I didn’t had uninstalled the QCT (the instructions only mentioned SQL Nav uninstall)

Now it worked!

Thanks
Filipe

I hit the same thing for the same reason as Filipe. I had uninstalled SQL Navigator, but not Code Tester and got a 1603 error when installing. I canceled and uninstalled Code Tester also at which point everything installed fine.

Requires the integration of code tester a separete license for code tester?

Hi Torsten,

The Code Test feature in v6.3 does not require a seperate licence for Quest Code Tester for Oracle (QCTO) application.

SQL Navigator ONLY uses/relies on the QCTO repository to store and execute test cases. You will NOT need to pay for QCTO to use the Code test feature in Nav.

SQL Navigator 6.3 installer includes the freeware QCTO so that you can run the QCTO repository manager to setup the repository easily.

The Code Test feature in 6.3 supports only scalar data type. If you need the tool to manage your full testing requirement, then you will need to buy the commercial QCTO as it supports all other complex data type and assist you to manage test suites and all other testing needs.

All your test cases create in SQL Navigator will be visible in QCTO. We wanted to build the Code Test as part of the Execution/Run work flow in SQL Navigator to assist you and all SQL Navigator users to test your code changes.

Hope the info would help.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi,

I just send a change request to Quest Installer, to uninstall previous version before install. We will announce in community when we pick up the new Quest Installer that included this functionality.

Regards,
Jeff

Hi Filipe,

Issue 3- when using outline and clicking in some “tree entry” I got in the output console : “Invalid class typecast”

This has been fixed in our latest build.

We would like to ask for more info on item 2:
‘2- Will the errors writed in SQL Nav be visible in Code Tester andvice-versa? (the ones supported by SQL Nav, of course) (in the previousbeta I didn’t get that visibility)’
Could you please let us know what you refer to errors in Nav? Did you mean the test case execution error/result?

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi Filipe,

Thanks for reporting issue item 4 the Table VOE does not update the correct schema.

We will get it fixed for you in the next build.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce

sorry 2 should had be
2- Will the test cases writed in SQL Nav be visible in Code Tester andvice-versa? (the ones supported by SQL Nav, of course) (in the previous beta I didn’t get that visibility)’

sorry

from your previous post I get it that it should…and I already got to see the test in code tester

thanks