We are very proud to announce the first 7.0 beta (2671) drop to our community.
You can download this from the following location:
- If you have a previous beta version installed, please uninstall it first and then install this beta .
- You can install this side by side with your current GA version.
New Features and changes compared to previous release:
Full Unicode support for object names and data
- If you want to log in with Unicode username, password cannot be saved you will need to re-type it each time. Alt you can enter a English password.
Code Completion/ Dot lookup
- Improved performance by building up list progressively. List will show what it can fast and add new items progressively.
- Unicode support has been added
- Doesn’t display variables when package is open like it did in 6.7
- Additional user Interface styles have been added. XP has been selected as default for compatibility.
Incorporation of 6.7 patches
- History Hang Issue has been resolved
- Large Font issue with Job Scheduler
- Sluggish behavior of SQL Navigator when Default Directory in the preferences is set to “slow” path
Find / Replace have been separated, and have different workflow
- This should resolve the modal window issue experience in 6.x
- Not all regular expression work yet as they did in 6.7
- Unicode is case sensitive always in the search though. It is not consistent with English characters.
- Backward direction in Find doesn’t work properly.
- Selected text doesn’t work, it loses the selection
- This is more like SQL Navigator version 5.5.
It resolves many of the issues experienced in 6.x with colors clashing.
- Some keywords are not highlighted correct color.
Code Editor’s Toolbar can be customizable now.
Current Known Issues:
There are some instability issues. We will continue to improve this.
Not everything is migrated from 6.7 b/c of compatibility issues
Font may not migrate correctly from 6.x
Size of font doesn’t change if you work with large Font setting
Occasional instability issues, AV experienced when SQL Navigator is closed
- PT 36043171: error when formatting a PL/SQL package with reserved word ‘Model’ has been FIXED.
Please note this is still work in progress, there are some components that are disabled due to a number of issues of some third party compoents, we will fix those issues during the Beta cycles.
Feel free to give feedback on what you like, or don’t like and any serious issues you may find along the way.
SQL Navigator Team