Toad World® Forums

SQL Navigator 7.6 beta build 119 (expiring on 31/Dec/2019) is available

Changes :
In 7.6.0.119:
Fixed a formatter error in beta #114 which stops formatting certain text.

In 7.6.0.114:

• SQLNAV-2269: fixed a bug that column names are truncated when it is longer than 30 characters
  • SQLNAV-2274: updated the link to SQL Navigator Beta Community with the latest ToadWorld forum URL
  • SQLNAV-2276: fixed a bug that debugging a package with array variables make the application crash

Download Beta (32-bit)

Download Beta (64-bit)

SQL Navigator Team

Hi @vliu

Thanks for this. I just installed it and tried to format the code in the other post. It still doesn't do anything with it, I'm afraid. Am I missing something?

Cheers

André

Hi Andre, can you confirm the build you downloaded is 7.6.0.119 and also double check it in Help | About after you start it?

Sure. Here's the proof:

Hi Andre, can you open the folder where SQL Navigator is installed (e.g., C:\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 7.6 Beta), and check the file version of QP5.dll. It is possible that somehow the dll is not replaced during the new installation. If the version is not 5.336, please uninstall the beta, clean the folder and then reinstall.

Hi Vincent

It's even 5.346, if I trust Windows:

What now? Still uninstall?

Yes, 336 is the one working. Even 346 is newer but it doesn't work. Please reinstall. Thanks.

1 Like

Works perfectly fine, thanks!

Hi! 119 is about to expire in a few days. Is there a new beta around?

There will be a 7.7 beta coming after the New Year holiday. Thanks.

Come on! I have to work today and it says it's expired!

Hi Andre,

I'm sorry for the problem you're experiencing. However, please note that Quest doesn't guarantee that the Beta program will be continuously available for users of the community or forum.

Thanks,
Vincent

Any progress on the new release?

That's a valid way to get rid of beta testers.

I agree. It can't be hard to just change the end date on the previous release and put it out there for us to use. Not sure why you don't do that Vincent. :thinking:

But, I have to say, the writing is on the wall. Quest isn't really supporting Sql Nav any longer. It's just a matter of time before it doesn't get any support at all. In fact, maybe we have already reached that point. :frowning:

Joe

It was a good tool, top notch actually. I'm sad to see it dying. But it's been a while. Probably they don't sell new licenses at all, and no money, no honey. But it's a two way road: who will invest in SW with hardly any support and no roadmap?
Toad and Oracle SQL Developer finished our beloved SQLNav.

On the other hand, guys, it's not hard at all to continue using a beta version beyond exp.date (should you prefer the beta version rather than commercial version). I won't explain how to do it but it's pretty obvious and shouldn't be a problem for beta testers.
Though I admit corporate users may lack permissions required for the trick.