Toad World® Forums

Suggestion for TOAD

Hello,

I have a suggestion for TOAD and I think its pretty easy to make happen or I hope.

Whenever I create stored procedures I always start my parameters with am ‘@’ sign. When you right click and execute a proc within TOAD it will be default put an ‘@’ in front of parameters.

My issue is I already have that ‘@’ sign so now I have two of them.

Here is an example:

Is there any way we can have a check box to enable auto putting an ‘@’ sign in variables or have the software look for them before doing the call?

It just sucks my proc always fail when I use the gui to execute the proc. Here is a sample DDL:

CREATE PROCEDURE sysproc.ParmExample(in @Parm1 varchar(500))
VERSION V1
LANGUAGE SQL
PARAMETER CCSID EBCDIC
DYNAMIC RESULT SETS 1
CALLED ON NULL INPUT
P1:
BEGIN
DECLARE RESULT_CSR CURSOR WITH RETURN FOR
Select @Parm1 as Parm1
from SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1 SY;

–display result
open RESULT_CSR;

END P1#

GRANT EXECUTE ON PROCEDURE sysproc.ParmExample TO PUBLIC#

I just one more suggestion. This is not causing an error, but it shows a red line for syntax error.

I have changed my statement delimiter to a ‘#’ sign, but when you right click and execute a proc it is using a ‘;’ sign. Is there anyway to make TOAD so it will use the delimiter you set in the settings of the application?

here is a screen shot:

StatementDelimiter.png

Thanks for much for your hard work on this product! I love all the new features and glad to see active dev on the application.

I am using Toad for DB2 Beta 6.3.0.57 (64 bit) for z/OS.

Robert - thanks for your feedback an dsuggestions.

We created the followingn internal issues:

TDB-3310 - to enhance our support of procedures with parameters starting with @

TDB-3311 - for the Execute procedure - statement delimiter suggestion

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!!! This is a major reason I am a big fan of TOAD. You listen to the customers and suggestions. Keep it up.