Toad World® Forums

Suggestions: Hot Keys and Editor

Greets again guys,

I’m loving the latest beta update. Things are working great. Two quick suggestions:

1. Hot Keys: CTRL+T used to be such a great way to jump straight into my stored procedure editing, as well as the before/after scripts to process. With the breakout of the individual items into their own menu items (Entities, Defaults, Rules, Relationships, Stamp, Views, Procedures, Functions, Schemas, Synonyms), it would be great to have some hot keys to access these items.

2. Have there been any ideas into implementing some more robust text editing elements, or even a simple Find & Replace mechanism into the text editor for the procedures. I’ve had to do a few bulk changes to some procedures thanks to structure changes, and its a hassle to have to open a text editor, copy and paste out the script, run my find/replace, then copy and paste the script in.

Keep up the great work!

Hello Dillie-O,

I’m loving the latest beta update. Things are working great.

Nice to hear from you again.

1. Hot Keys
    We will consider your request. CR # 34 478.
    However, you don’t have to access the items only via the Model menu. You can reach them also from Model Explorer. E.g. right-click the Procedures item | Edit. Or simply double-click the selected procedure to edit it. (Tip - you can sort the items in Model Explorer alphabetically to find the items quickly: right-click the Model Explorer | Sort by Name).

I wonder if you and other users (you - Beta testers) use the Model Explorer and how you find it. From the post we receive, it seems you don’t use it much often (although it offers some great functions - copy, move, drag&drop directly to WS, quick add and edit…)

1. Have there been any ideas into implementing some more robust text editing elements, or even a simple Find & Replace mechanism into the text editor for the procedures.

Thanks for your suggestion! CR # 34 479.

Thanks again.

Have a nice day.

Vladka

Okay, I just discovered the model explorer. It took me a minute to find Physical Model Explorer from the tools.

WOW…this is much better! You’re right, I can sort, I can find everything, double/right click gets me to the details I need.

I don’t know what my “default” view is here behind the Model Explorer window (see screenshot), but you might consider making the Model Explorer dockable, because for the work I do in my data design, I’d rather have the model explorer on the side for quick access to my options.

I realize the logical/physical views are different, so maybe making it an float or dock style window would work wonders.

Keep up the great work!
tdmworkspace.jpeg

Dillie-O wrote:
I don’t know what my “default” view is here behind the Model Explorer window (see screenshot), but you might consider making the Model Explorer dockable

Is this what you are looking for?
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=691&categoryID=30

Precisely what I needed thanks!

Are there plans to include these videos in the documentation release for TDM3? I think they would be very helpful.

Keep up the great work!

Hello,

Yes, we will make instructional movies for the TDM3 commercial release too.

At the moment, there are 18 flash movies available for the BETA, which is the only documentation source on TDM3 for now.

Please go through the list of BETA flash movies at:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=30

and feel free to watch them to learn about some tips, best practices and new great features (see the Must See, Recommended, Best Practice etc…notes next to the movie name).

Note: As the BETA is still in development, there will be some significant changes of some features in the final version of TDM3 and therefore in the movies. So, the current movies are just a quick introduction to TDM3 BETA.

Have a nice day!

Vladka