Toad World® Forums

Tab labels disappeared

Hi all.
I’m using TDM 3.
Yesterday the tab labels in the entity window disappeared so I can’t read it.
I tried to uninstall and re-install but is the problem still persist.

Can someone help me?
Many thanks,
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

did you add the Labels tab to TDM by creating or importing some custom package? By default there is no Labels tab.

Regards,

Vaclav

Thanks Vaclav,
I mean the standard labels … see the picture …

Andrea
entity.jpeg

Hi Andrea,

this is really weird. Try to change app font. Click Settings | Options and in section General click the Fonts button, change font to e.g. Microsoft Sans Serif. In past, the font was named MS Sans Serif. Now it’s Microsoft Sans Serif.

Regards,

Vaclav

I can’t find “Fonts button” in Settings | Options | General but in Settings | Options |Logical Model … I made the change but it doesn’t work.

Could have I modified sometihing right-clicking “Edit Form” from inside the entity Form ?

Anyway I also tried to install TDM 4 … this show lables in the entity forms, but it doesn’t show fk names, how can I display it ?

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

please see attached screenshot.
Via Edit Form you should not be able to remove font definitions. This should not be the reason why labels disappeared.

RE FK names: can you send me screenshot, please?

Thank you,

Vaclav

In my TDM version (3.0.11.11) I can’t find those elements.
The only element preset in “General” are:

1. Number of “Undo/redo” Steps
  2. Allowe One Instance of Form
  3. Expert Mode
  4. Show Hints in Designer

For the FK, I’ve opened a new thread …

Many thans for your help!
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

this is very old version of Toad Data Modeler. You can try out latest BETA version of Toad Data Modeler.

Regards,

Vaclav

In the download page I read :

“1. Beta requires that you are running a commercial or trial copy of Toad Data Modeler.”

I’ve not a commercial nor trial copy of Toad Data Modeler.
I’ve downlaod and installed Toad Data Modeler FREEWARE 4.1.5.9 but it has the problem of FK names …

Andrea

Onother question I have is: why when I’ve installed thie 3 version on my pc it was running fine?

Hi,

I do not know. Unfortunately I do not know what is the reason why labels on tabs disappeared on your machine.

Re version 3.0.11 - this version was released in 2007. The latest version is really different.

Regards,

Vaclav

I’ve installed another time the 4.1.5.9 version, I create a new physical MySQL model and now I can see the FK name.

Many thanks for your help.
Andrea

You are welcome. And thank you for the confirmation.

Regards,

Vaclav