I’m very happy to announce a major release of Toad Data Modeler 188.8.131.52. Beta.
This Beta brings great new features that are worth checking out. Please see their brief list below.
New Features and Enhancements
- Full support for MS SQL Server 2008 (including alter script generation)
- Support for MySQL 5.1 (limited - Reverse engineering of partition tables is not supported.)
- Reverse Engineering - A new component for connecting to Oracle and MySQL databases
- PDF Reports (see the Report Wizard, PER models only)
- Reports – XSL Transformation - Via this great new feature you can generate outputs in various formats, e.g. HTML, PDF, CSV, text or XML. (Model menu, PER models only)
- XSD File generation - This feature allows you to generate .xsd file describing structure of your models (.txp files). (Tools menu, Expert mode on)
- Physical modeling:
- M:N relationships
- Preview of SQL script (DDL Script Generation dialog)
- Object Search - This feature allows you to view various objects of your model, e.g. all entity triggers, all attributes of your model etc. Moreover, you can open the Properties dialog of the selected object.
- Logical modeling: Possibility to select a linking method in LER model before you convert it to PER model.
- more than twenty resolved issues.
Complete list with detailed description can be found at:
- The list is quite long as support for MS SQL Server 2008 is described in detail.
- Let me summarize support of alter scripts in the Beta 184.108.40.206: you can generate alter scripts for Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server 2005 and MS SQL Server 2008 models.
BETA Flash Movie
Before you start exploring the new Beta, please watch a new flash movie where the main new features are introduced.
Download the new Beta from:
Uninstall of the previous Beta version is not necessary.
Please download the latest Beta and test its new features. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Vladka & TDM Team